Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain

Re: Meeting Monday: Pay to Win, Pay to Play, Pay to Look Good

Since it's already OT... Speaking of farmer's markets, we have a deal with a specific farm. For about $600, we get freshly picked veggies and fruits all grown on that one farm every single week for the whole season (usually around July to Nov) and they give enough for 3-4 people. We usually end up giving something away to our parents or my brother's family every week. Plus their stuff lasts at least 2-3 weeks longer than anything in the grocery store.

Food's a 1000 times better, fresh, we get all sorts of different stuff that you can never find in the supermarket, and it turns out to be pretty cheap too, considering the quantity, the quality and the type of food...

Makes the winter really hard though, going back to the generic crappy food in the super market. :\

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I need to look into that. It's available here, but storage may be an issue, as I've heard from friends who have done it. I don't have an extra freezer yet. Maybe when I get one, I'll look into actually doing this. It makes sense from a cost perspective, not to mention FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES!
Chaplain

Chaplain to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

Since it's already OT... Speaking of farmer's markets, we have a deal with a specific farm. For about $600, we get freshly picked veggies and fruits all grown on that one farm every single week for the whole season (usually around July to Nov) and they give enough for 3-4 people. We usually end up giving something away to our parents or my brother's family every week. Plus their stuff lasts at least 2-3 weeks longer than anything in the grocery store.

Food's a 1000 times better, fresh, we get all sorts of different stuff that you can never find in the supermarket, and it turns out to be pretty cheap too, considering the quantity, the quality and the type of food...

Makes the winter really hard though, going back to the generic crappy food in the super market. :\

This thread is becoming a train wreck of a derail, but.....

I just signed up for my local farmer's market weekly veggie and fruit pick up. I've been going there for years, but never thought to invest in this. It makes sense for my family size, and the fact that we do cook most nights. Plus, I get 10% off anything I buy at the market. Hell yes.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 recommendation

ekster

Premium Member

Glad I helped you make up your mind. Those deals are great. This will be our third year doing that now, and I got my mother, and my brother's family convinced to sign up this year as well.

We should also rename this thread and add "Pay for groceries" at the end.