spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cars4chimps
@spcsdns.net

cars4chimps

Anon

Why the Spotty 3G?

Why does my virgin 3G service work fine one day and then just drop out every 30 seconds the next? Is it the tower equipment, some kind of network bottleneck, or some guy at headquarters having a coffee break? If it occurred at a regular time of day, I might say it's heavy user traffic, but it's more random than that--like three days good, then bad the next. Could it have anything to do with the cold front that blew through last night? I'm serious, it's really bugging me!

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

»Virgin Mobile Broadband

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to cars4chimps

to cars4chimps
Could be cdma breathing... cdma's coverage area shrinks when more users are using it.

So if you are on the edge of the coverage circle that a tower can produce when no ones on one day you will see everything working fine, then if a lot of users get on the next the circle of coverage will shrink a bit (due to wave physics).

cars4chimps
@107.30.206.x

cars4chimps

Anon

What does disconnecting and then re-connecting do? Because I was having my usual problems this morning and I did this and the improvement was like night and day. Could it be a problem on my end?

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by cars4chimps :

Could it be a problem on my end?

Could be.. could be a problem on the tower... or it could just be fringe (edge of service) coverage.

Do you ever use it in another location? If you do and it works fine then you can eliminate it being the device.
cbobby7
join:2009-06-14
New Windsor, MD

cbobby7 to cars4chimps

to cars4chimps
said by cars4chimps :

What does disconnecting and then re-connecting do? Because I was having my usual problems this morning and I did this and the improvement was like night and day. Could it be a problem on my end?

I get radomly "disconnected" several times during the day....sometimes never during the day. I can go for days without this occuring

To clarify: I don't get disconnected, I lose the "feed"...I have to disconnect and then reconnect ....this of course blows out any download or upload that is running.

This has been happening on and off for a couple of months.

3G service
Expand your moderator at work