All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

teletone
join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

teletone

Re: [Serious] i got scammed by LexiMart

update: i called visa and they told me they need a confirmation letter that i will get from microsoft to confirm that the product is fraudulent.

i also asked them if they can block leximart from making any future charges on my credit card but they can't. they assured me though that if leximart makes any unauthorized charges, visa's fraud dept. will pounce on them.

p.s, the transaction was reported on the credit card as being done through "moneybookers" a paypal type service.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

You're not going to get that letter. Seriously, tell them to stop jerking you around.

Your attitude needs to change and you're giving them too much information.

You tell them outright that you didn't get what you ordered, you received a used fraudulent piece of software and not a new one, and they're not honouring your request for a refund. If the company's in Ontario, that's actually a law.

teletone
join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

teletone

said by urbanriot:

You're not going to get that letter. Seriously, tell them to stop jerking you around.

You tell them outright that you didn't get what you ordered, you received a used fraudulent piece of software and not a new one, and they're not honouring your request for a refund. If the company's in Ontario, that's actually a law.

who am i giving too much information to? and why wouldn't i get a response from microsoft?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by teletone:

said by urbanriot:

who am i giving too much information to? and why wouldn't i get a response from microsoft?

Microsoft doesn't give 2 shits if you were defrauded, they want to go after leximart.

As for lower prices because a new OS is out.. HA, not in the MS world.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot to teletone

Premium Member

to teletone
said by teletone:

who am i giving too much information to?

Your VISA provider, there shouldn't be any back and forth. You didn't get what you ordered, you want them to reverse your transaction - that's an end of story situation right there.

"I did not authorize a charge for what they sent me." Done.
said by teletone:

and why wouldn't i get a response from microsoft?

There's an expiry date to which you can have your transaction reversed with Visa and you're expecting a company like Microsoft to send you a nice letter before this window closes?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

And this is the funny part, I called PC Mastercard because i got charged for an RMA'd hard drive, I told them WDC has the HD (I'm anal about paperwork), explained what an advance RMA is to them , they sent me the paperwork to contest the charge, which I faxed back the next day.

Bottom line, you are a victim of fraud, call the bank again, tell them you were sent fraudlent goods, dont bring up MS don't bring up anything except the goods were not what was described.

Contact moneybookers, a quick glance through thier TOS should hep you out.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Microsoft doesn't give 2 shits if you were defrauded, they want to go after leximart.

As for lower prices because a new OS is out.. HA, not in the MS world.

Probably off topic, but yeah, they don't discount "old" OSes quite that much or that quickly. The main reason is corporate buyers don't jump all over "new" operating systems for a variety of exceptionally good reasons. Heck, if I bought a new PC today, I would want Windows 7 on it, not 8. I'd even pay a little more for that to be the case.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

they sent me the paperwork to contest the charge, which I faxed back the next day.

I've never had to fill out paperwork, even when I was the victim of a Nigerian who'd appropriated an Ebay account and I used a service like bidpay which uses money orders. That was basically the worst kind of situation to be in...

However I simply stated that they allowed a known scamming service to charge my card and this is on them. They reversed it for a few grand.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

Yeah, sounds like it's time to pay off that balance and close the account. I wouldn't put up with them dicking me around like that either.