moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to Melissa2009B

Premium Member

to Melissa2009B

Re: Need a phone line recorder, and inexpensive "attendant&

I put an asterisks box on my home system, just so I can record business calls, I was able to setup my own message and everything. works very well and is fully customizable.
Melissa2009B
join:2009-12-27
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B

What and where is an asterisks box?
Keefer21
join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY

Keefer21

Asterisk is like an Open source SIP phone system. it can be cheap if you know what your doing.

Have you looked into provider hosted services? there are a tons of provides who host auto attendant, Voice mail, conferencing etc and you just use your current phones. Its like Centrex service from the Telco if your familiar with that but a hell of a lot cheaper. Usually between 10-30 bucks a month.

Besides a SIP system or provider hosted services you can buy a Nortel Norstar 3X8 (3 lines x 8 extensions) and a Flash or star talk (the voice mail & attendant) for under 1000 dollars.

I used to sell install and maintain Norstar stuff and it last's forever. I still have systems from the 80's clicking away today.

Good luck!
Melissa2009B
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B

Jeez, we can't afford that!

We're a part time home business!

I can get a 5 phone refurbed cordless system for under $100, but haven't seen any that can do this, though it's an EXTREMELY easy feature they could add!
Keefer21
Hilton, NY

Keefer21

Oh okay LOL sorry. as far as extension's and auto attendant your only other "Cheap" option would be a PABX system which is fairly simple and use's regular analog phone sets. Without integrated call recording those run from 60-100$ and the PABX systems with integrated recording go from 100$+

you can also try looking for an inline adapter that plugs into the actual cord for the handset that then has a 3.5MM jack you can run to the Input port on your computer and record via a sound recorder program? thats most likely your most dependable option in your price range.
Keefer21

Keefer21

here is a nice PABX with lots of fancy features for 79 bucks..

»www.ebay.com/itm/SOHO-PB ··· 4d55ac14

And then u can use the inline recorder to record the calls.

»www.ebay.com/itm/Telepho ··· 747f1a31

that should keep you under 100 bucks and work pretty flawlessly.
Melissa2009B
Denver, CO

Melissa2009B

We don't need multi-lines either. JUST a box that announces that if they want to speak to someone, dial an extension that we select, then it rings through to our cordless phone base which covers the 4 cordless phones around the house. Very simple.
Keefer21
Hilton, NY

Keefer21

Well thats the only thing thats going to give you an outgoing message and auto attendant under 100 bucks. you don't have to use all the lines you can just connect one. Im doubtful you'll find a cordless phone system that does that all self contained without some sort of key unit. its very simple. One line in.. and connect your portable phones to one port/Extension on the PABX.

I guess hit some search engines hard to find something else but im doubtful. good luck & happy searching.

You might even want to try talking to your local telco and explaining to them and you might be able to get some insight from them.