how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

What is Verizon announcing 4/11/13?

VZFiOSFL has been tweeting about stay tuned for big news over the past couple days. I know the NAB show is currently ongoing. Anyone know what they are announcing tomorrow?

»twitter.com/VZFiOSFL/status/3220···17241344

quote:
We are never ever ever getting back with Basic Cable cause we are FiOS and we're perfectly good at it! #Tomorrow #StayTuned #MustSee
I know previously, believe at CES, they mentioned they were looking at offering video to people over wireless and possibly the internet for those who couldn't get FiOS locally.

The wording is just strange because to me Basic Cable is the bottom package you can get and just local channels.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
Can't be anything network-wide as its just being tweeted by the Florida FIOS.

brutus

Tampa, FL
reply to brutus
I guess you're right. I swear Verizon also at one point this week sent something out about an announcement this week, but looking through their feed I don't see it now.

It could also just be Florida FiOS tweeting in preparation of a Verzion announcement tomorrow.

KA3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium
join:2006-01-17
West Chester, PA
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to brutus
Rate hikes???
--
ROCK 'TIL SUNSET

JackBauer

join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY
reply to brutus
Speed tier increases?

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to brutus
Maybe adding a dozen or so new HD channels?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
»twitter.com/VZFiOSFL/status/3223···57656065

is that all?
that is all.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to brutus
This thread may become one of the ultimate of all time...

brutus

Tampa, FL
reply to miataman
Wow that is bad and has absolutely nothing to do with basic cable.

Sixto
Premium
join:2005-09-16
Northeast
reply to brutus
Funny thread.

brutus

Tampa, FL
Funny thing is it looks like Verizon announced a new sports package today totally unrelated.

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/561133

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
This really annoys me (the sports package), so they removed Classic and Buzzer Beater / Goal Line from Extreme and now want $10 to get it in an add on package.

Umm....moving it to Ultimate only is one thing, but removing it and then making it available as an add-on for lower tiers is just plain wrong.

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
How does this make the service better for the consumer?

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to kes601
said by kes601:

This really annoys me (the sports package), so they removed Classic and Buzzer Beater / Goal Line from Extreme and now want $10 to get it in an add on package.

Umm....moving it to Ultimate only is one thing, but removing it and then making it available as an add-on for lower tiers is just plain wrong.

Had they had the NFL Red Zone in this package I might have taken a bite but without that this is useless. You don't even get CBS Sports network in HD.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to brutus
Good. Moving these channels to a separate tier means not having to pay for these channels in the Extreme tier.

Though I may add the sports pack for a month or two, just to see what beIn is like.