spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AndyA1234

@istechbc.com

Rocket M2 Internal antenna ?

Hi i figured ask you does the ubnt rocket m2 have internal antenna ? The specs seem don'nt seem to say

scobywhru

join:2006-12-29
Fresno, CA
No, the Rockets do not have an internal antenna. You can buy cheap omni antennas like the outdoor Unifi or even the outdoor Unifi unit with external antennas in a single pack.

The Ubiquiti with one are the Nanstation, Nanobridge, Unifi.

AndyA1234

@shawcable.net
Thanks for quick Answer I wish they put that manual they where free the rocket m2 anyways It would have been nice if they came with little Omni antenna like the unfi outdoor did

I fired them up without antenna am sure that was great for radios

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to AndyA1234
A transmitter should never be operated into an infinite impedance (i.e. no antenna).

Keep a few rubber ducks around for testing purposes, if nothing else.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
Click for full size
Like this?

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
said by WHT:

Like this?

Precisely.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to WHT
Hahaha ROFL

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08
reply to AndyA1234
Some people need to invest in a box of 50 ohm terminators.

WHT

Rosston, TX
reply to AndyA1234
I really, really, really don't think UBNT would see the use of the Bullets without a load as unacceptable.

AndyA1234

@istechbc.com
reply to AndyA1234
Hi do you know any one who sell the cheap antenna like the unfi I can't seem to find any I don't want use the unfi hardware cause need pc and not meant for point to point

All the company Sell m2 say I can't run it with one antenna it need two am not sure I believe that they people who talk about put dumb load on them I assume connector that just put small load on them ?

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
reply to WHT
said by WHT:

I really, really, really don't think UBNT would see the use of the Bullets without a load as unacceptable.

These are the same guys that can't run a friggin' forum board, right?

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
reply to AndyA1234
said by AndyA1234 :

Hi do you know any one who sell the cheap antenna like the unfi I can't seem to find any I don't want use the unfi hardware cause need pc and not meant for point to point

All the company Sell m2 say I can't run it with one antenna it need two am not sure I believe that they people who talk about put dumb load on them I assume connector that just put small load on them ?

Do whatever you wish...
--
No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him. Well, you can try to...

bburley

join:2010-04-30
Cold Lake, AB
reply to WHT
Although it is true that many low-power devices will survive the absence of an RF load, that is not a guarantee. What causes the damage is that the voltage on the RF output can rise above the puncture voltage of the RF amplifier.

I always insist that employees never run any RF device without a load because if I don't say that and one does fail, I know that I won't be able to blame the employee. I also think that if it was allowed, the line would start stretching to include more expensive AP's and backhauls.

Ant

join:2013-03-15
Clanton, AL
Reviews:
·MegaPath
reply to AndyA1234
If you use a dummy load and one antenna, try and use a 50 ohm rp-sma terminator like this one:

»www.l-com.com/coaxial-0-6-ghz-rp···r-50-ohm

on the unused chain. It should not matter if you run one or a dual polarity antenna as long as the unused chain is terminated.

WHT

Rosston, TX
reply to WHT
Those Bullets have been running, from what I was told, for several months as test radios and none of them failed. That very much dilutes - for at least UBNT radios - that you should never run Part 15 radios without a load.

And yeah...that is a UBNT workbench picture from my April 2012 meeting.

WHT

Rosston, TX
reply to Ant
said by Ant:

on the unused chain. It should not matter if you run one or a dual polarity antenna as long as the unused chain is terminated.

Yup...it's a 802.11n MIMO thing. Not so much as an emitter without a load.