jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

1 edit

crossfire issues

pc perspective has done some reviews showing that AMD is having crossfire issues.

»www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-C···e-Testin

Looks like SLI is the only way to go for multy GPU until Amd gets cross fire scaling issues fixed.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I'll have to look at this more in depth, as I run two 7970 GHz GPUs in Crossfire, and can directly rebut this:

Where AMD has definite issues is with HD 7970s in CrossFire, and our Frame Rating testing is bringing that to light in a startling fashion. In half of our tested games, the pair of Radeon HD 7970s in CrossFire showed no appreciable measured or observed increase in performance compared to a single HD 7970. I cannot overstate that point more precisely: our results showed that in Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs, adding in another $400+ Radeon HD 7970 did nothing to improve your gaming experience, and in some cases made it worse by introducing frame time variances that lead to stutter.

with this: »As requested, Crysis 3 benchmarks
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.