spc
uniqs
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to StuartMW

to StuartMW

Re: Mozilla Firefox 23 Will Block Mixed SSL Content

said by StuartMW:

And given Mozilla's habit of releasing a major version (which they aren't anyway--Mozilla just likes big numbers) every 6 weeks or so this is only about 4 months away. So how many websites will this break? I can hear the bitchin' now.

I hear this all the time about Firefox, but never hear is about Chrome.

It's an update that brings new features to the public on a non glacial time scale. If you don't like it go back to IE6.

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion

said by intok:

said by StuartMW:

And given Mozilla's habit of releasing a major version (which they aren't anyway--Mozilla just likes big numbers) every 6 weeks or so this is only about 4 months away. So how many websites will this break? I can hear the bitchin' now.

I hear this all the time about Firefox, but never hear is about Chrome.

It's an update that brings new features to the public on a non glacial time scale. If you don't like it go back to IE6.

Updates aren't coming any more often than they ever did. It's just now, instead of going from version 20.1 to 20.2 etc, they go by whole numbers. It used to be that the first number incremented for major revisions, the number after the first dot incremented for minor revisions, and numbers after a second dot incremented for bug fixes and such.

Now they're incrementing the first number for any kind of revision, which simply makes it look like they're making progress faster to people that don't know any better. It's just an advertising thing, nothing to do with getting updates out faster.