Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 edit

onDvine to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny

Re: [Serious] Please cross your fingers for a good outcome?

said by Sunny:

... how many weeks do you think?

Six was mentioned. (or were mentioned?)

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2

MVM

Some of the newer chemo treatment is better narrowed down and seems to have fewer side effects. I hope that is what you find.

Our friend Howard who has cancer in the lymph nodes said he never really felt nauseous or anything...actually put on a couple of pounds! He has been in remission for over 2 years now. They still have him take chemo in a pill form...the idea being to keep it from re-occurring.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny

said by PeteC2:

Some of the newer chemo treatment is better narrowed down and seems to have fewer side effects. I hope that is what you find.

Precisely what I have been hoping, Pete. My only experience with chemo was back in the early 90s when I cared for my mother who had ovarian cancer. I have since heard what you mentioned and I am so hoping for onDvine she gets the kinder medicine.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine to PeteC2

Premium Member

to PeteC2
Thanks.
said by PeteC2:

... fewer side effects. I hope that is what you find. ...

It sure would be nice. Last week the doctor was talking about using carboplatin and taxol. Reading about them has been ...interesting. But it sounds like there may be kinder versions now.

Our friend Howard who has cancer in the lymph nodes said he never really felt nauseous or anything ...

That's reassuring and I'm glad his experience wasn't awful.
onDvine

onDvine to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
Thanks.
said by Sunny:

... My only experience with chemo was back in the early 90s when I cared for my mother who had ovarian cancer. ...

I'm sorry about your mom. ANYthing now would have to be "kinder" than what was available 20 years ago.