uniqs

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

Re: [TWC] [nyc, queens] rockaway park - packet loss noise issue(

The issue had to do with problem at the node and was resolved for past 2 weeks. I am very happy it did which made me push verizon fios install back another month. I am basically gonna keep verizon fios install scheduled but keep pushing it back and back as long as time warner has no major issues. Currently tw service is the way it should be.

While a tech was working recently on a pole near me I actually found out that my current tap is directly off first amp after node even though node is 4 blocks away they actually run cable off the node and first amp is here and then they run cable back to taps and in other direction. Tech did mention the amp is running way too hot but that wasnt his concern as he was investigating specific tv channel issue. He did say that during summer someone may have to make some adjustments or things may go bad.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

said by kilrathi:

The issue had to do with problem at the node and was resolved for past 2 weeks. I am very happy it did which made me push verizon fios install back another month. I am basically gonna keep verizon fios install scheduled but keep pushing it back and back as long as time warner has no major issues. Currently tw service is the way it should be.

While a tech was working recently on a pole near me I actually found out that my current tap is directly off first amp after node even though node is 4 blocks away they actually run cable off the node and first amp is here and then they run cable back to taps and in other direction. Tech did mention the amp is running way too hot but that wasnt his concern as he was investigating specific tv channel issue. He did say that during summer someone may have to make some adjustments or things may go bad.

That's a great idea to just keep the appointment with FiOS but keep on pushing it out further and further. Then when you really want to get it install you could probably try to get it moved up closer.

Fiosnow
@cogentco.com

Fiosnow to kilrathi

Anon

to kilrathi
That's one thing that sucks about a hybrid fiber coax cable system is that levels fluctuates during seasons and even between night and day. More reason to go to fios!
SESnut
join:2000-03-06
Beverly Hills, CA

SESnut

Ive been getting random lag spikes as well in Flushing.

The packet loss is coming from tenge18-10-nycmnyk-c402.nyc.rr.com 40% 36 60 49.60 13667.73 30282.99

I had this problem a while back when sandy hit, but now its back again.