uniqs

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick

Re: How can Wow bring back vanilla/BC feel?

I was thinking about this earlier and my best thought was to create zone-wide scenerio type events. Currently you have the world bosses that are a great start as this gets players together, but what WoW has not done that both Rift and GW2 have successfully implemented are zone events. Unbalanced servers will find more in-game fighting if you have these events that are more significant in execution and reward. Think zone-wide scenario with objectives and possible competition from the other faction. Even with unbalanced servers, as long as the reward is high enough (or you offer a mount or pet reward) you will get participation leading to more of a community beyond "let's kill boss x now that he is up."

What I think WoW is missing now is the sense of community. Servers are no longer autonomous, players treat others like crap because there is no more server reputation or repercussions. Also, the insta-portal to dungeons, raids, ect could go away for all I care, there are enough portals, boats and zeppelins to get where most need to within 5 min or so.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by stvnbrs:

I was thinking about this earlier and my best thought was to create zone-wide scenerio type events. Currently you have the world bosses that are a great start as this gets players together, but what WoW has not done that both Rift and GW2 have successfully implemented are zone events. Unbalanced servers will find more in-game fighting if you have these events that are more significant in execution and reward. Think zone-wide scenario with objectives and possible competition from the other faction. Even with unbalanced servers, as long as the reward is high enough (or you offer a mount or pet reward) you will get participation leading to more of a community beyond "let's kill boss x now that he is up."

I like how we have regressed since Hellfire Peninsula.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

They had that with Halaa, SSC zone, EPL and Silthis as well, but every time the events were stale or involved killing the other side. Rift and GW2 for players to work together for completing quest objectives to move into different phases with an eventual end boss or swarm. Just adding PVP elements to a zone doesn't constitute zone-wide events, and tbh the rewards have always been pretty lackluster. Halaa was the only one I recall that had a mount was the Nagrand event, which was designed to require many players to complete. In the other games, events are soloable and ramp up in difficulty with the more players there are to help out. This is what I was thinking would be better suited for open world. World pvp will occur when you have a high enough reward that both factions want and will not wait for.