how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jo8243

join:2013-04-11
Morris, AL

iNID/iPSU Install question

How many pairs and what gauge wiring is required for uverse triple play service via iNID (i3812V/i38HG)? I have 2 cat5e cables and 2 rg6 coax cables running from outside into my wiring closet. Will this be enough to run phone, internet, tv, AND powering for the iNID (to the iPSU)?

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

The power and the signal to the i38HG can both be run on a single Cat5e cable so you are in good shape.

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jo8243

Ditto to prev poster, but are usually run dedicated on homeruns, so your wiring scheme to your closet is fine.

I've never seen them installed on same CAT5e as most of the time normal residence situations don't have wiring closets and PT's will run the PSU connection to the closest outlet for power service access and that's usually not where the WAP goes anyway.

Personally, for me, on a single homerun, wouldn't want anything that's plugged into an outlet carrying power, also carrying my broadband signal, don't care if it's separate pairs, it's just not the thing to do.

jo8243

join:2013-04-11
Morris, AL

1 edit

lol.... you do know that phone wire has had span power on it for decades, right? All standard DSL+POTS installs have span power for the phones on the same pair as the DSL signal.. DC power doesn't affect the DSL signal in any way... in fact, it can be beneficial... google "sealing current".