Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

Mediacom incompetency at it again

I'm being charge for 3 months worth of taxes and 911 type fees because Mediacom can't even get there billing right. I paid my bill in full for those months of service. If Mediacom screwed up and didn't bill me for them they should eat them!

I'm so tire of Mediacom's inability to do even the simple things right.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117

1 edit
Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will check further into this to find out what is going on here.

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
Oh and btw, there was no note on this or any past bill as to why. Also no other notification to explain why.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to tsduke
During the month of February and March, some state taxes and E911 fees were inadvertently not included on some customer’s statements. There should have been a notice included with your bill and we are looking into why it wasn't sent. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
Then Mediacom should eat it. I received NO notice. Take a look at my bill.

kelley3249

join:2012-07-03
Dubuque, IA
Geez, just pay the fees. You did owe them. Think of it as a interest free loan for a couple months!

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
That's not the point. It's the principle of the matter. No communication, no explanation in my bill...NOTHING. Piss poor customer service to blindly send out a bill with extra fees and no explanation.

This is just on top of all the other poor policy and performance issue I've had with Mediacom over the years. How are we supposed to trust their billing if this is how they operate?

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
Whatever you do , don't trust their billing. They make shit up as they go, trust me.

I've literally paid 8 different amounts in 12 months and I just have internet. They can't keep or get anything straight if their life depended on it.

I am beyond fed up .

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I've gone ahead and fixed your billing issue hdtv00. I responded to your personal message.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to tsduke
Well, this explains the higher-than-normal bill this month. I was wondering.

Not sure how I really feel about it. I have an explanation, so I know it wasn't some weird billing screw-up. On the other hand, if I as a customer screwed up for a few months and forgot to pay a portion of my bill, all hell would break loose. I can understand they screwed up and forgot to charge it, but part of me thinks they should eat the cost and consider it a lesson. That's what we'd be told to do as consumers (and often are) if we screw up. What's good for the goose...
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
danawhitaker,

I would be happy to look into any billing issues you are having.

OldCableGuy

@communications.net
reply to danawhitaker
Legally, a utility is allowed to charge or bill for services or fees up to 90 days later. In the older days sometimes mobile phone calls made while roaming wouldn't show up for 60-90 days.

This happens from time to time, in the early 2000s I did customer service for a major CLEC phone company and this happened with them.

After 90 days they must eat the fees.

reffahsenyaw

@pacbell.net
reply to tsduke
This is common. I am still trying to get a CORRECT bill from them for a service I terminated in January. I have received bills in the amount of $170 but I owe only $31.00. They say just pay it, I say not without a bill. Even their records show the $31. WHY CAN'T I GET A BILL?

Send me the bill with the correct amount and I will pay it today!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
The social media team printed out a bill here in the office and sent it in the mail to you with the correct (updated) amount on it. According to your emails, you received the updated bill.

reffahsenyaw

@pacbell.net
The one for $170 or the one for $170? Which one is correct? This is really confusing since MY RECORDS AND YOUR RECORDS SHOW ABOUT $31.00!!!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
This should be resolved for you now.

kelley3249

join:2012-07-03
Dubuque, IA
reply to tsduke
said by tsduke:

That's not the point. It's the principle of the matter. No communication, no explanation in my bill...NOTHING. Piss poor customer service to blindly send out a bill with extra fees and no explanation.

But it's not "extra fees". They just failed to put the fees on the prior months. If they would have done everything correctly you would have paid the exact same amount. Did you complain on here when your bill was too low the previous month? I fail to see how you have been harmed here or how this is worthy of a rant on a internet message board!

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
I really don't care what you think!!

Can you not read?? Again, this isn't the only issue I've had. This is on top many other issues.

Why don't you go troll somewhere else.

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to kelley3249
said by kelley3249:

said by tsduke:

But it's not "extra fees". They just failed to put the fees on the prior months. If they would have done everything correctly you would have paid the exact same amount. Did you complain on here when your bill was too low the previous month? I fail to see how you have been harmed here or how this is worthy of a rant on a internet message board!

If we had a +1 system you'd get many for this.

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
I agree... a troll calling someone else a troll...

Either way you owed the money, pay it, move on, forget it. Mediacom isn't the only company to do stuff like this even though you make it out to be.

Our local phone company here missed a tax on their billing after changing to a new computer system for about 6 months. They came back with corrected bills. Nobody mentioned the missing charge for those six months, but boy oh boy did they bitch when it showed back up!!!

tsduke
Premium
Waterloo, IA
said by kb0nly:

I agree... a troll calling someone else a troll...

Either way you owed the money, pay it, move on, forget it. Mediacom isn't the only company to do stuff like this even though you make it out to be.

Our local phone company here missed a tax on their billing after changing to a new computer system for about 6 months. They came back with corrected bills. Nobody mentioned the missing charge for those six months, but boy oh boy did they bitch when it showed back up!!!

Wow, your real orginal. And yes, this is the only company I have billing issues with. I don't understand why you have such a hard time understanding my perspective. Starting to wonder if you don't work for Mediacom.

jrodson69

join:2012-10-02
Independence, IA
reply to tsduke
Well if you think Mediacom's billing has issues (and it does, I know from experience) you should see Verizon!

The reality is that all these companies have constant billing problems I think they are intentional. Those pennies add up real fast when you have million(s) of customers. Easy money.

The guy made a good point with the anecdote about the local phone company and no one mentioning a missing fee for 6 months and then raising hell when it finally showed up. People aren't so honest any more either. It's dog eat dog.