spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NGV510

@sbcglobal.net

IP Passthrough

How come the NGV510 has the IP Passthrough option, but when hooked put throught the SonicWall 215, it will not passthrough?
Thanks!

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:13
Because you're doing it wrong?

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to NGV510
said by NGV510 :

How come the NGV510 has the IP Passthrough option, but when hooked put throught the SonicWall 215, it will not passthrough?
Thanks!

My experience with the IP passthrough on the NGV510, the 3347, and other Motorola/Netopia DSL routers is that it frequently does not work with some routers. I have had problems with IP passthrough with routers from multiple vendors, and I have also had it work properly for months and then suddenly stop working on the same router. I think that it is just the nature of the beast. The only reliable way to get the effects of IP passthrough is to purchase a static IP block and pass the required public IP addresses to the equipment connected to the DSL router's LAN.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.