Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy

Re: Teksavvy...The beginning

said by nitzguy:

Ah Floppy drives...how far we have come...and

BEIGE...BEIGE everywhere....I see 1 futuristic black server there....good times...good times.

thanks for the pics!

Loo at the second rack, bottom server to the left. It's a Compaq server. Pentium 60!!! weighed a ton.

There's a blue cobalt appliance there too.. wasn't ours. another local shop VCNI ended up going under (anybody buy land on the moon?)

Its funny you mention the black one because as soon as I looked at the pic.. that's exactly what I thought too! hehe good ol' Aopen towers. They were nice to work on.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

said by nitzguy:

Ah Floppy drives...how far we have come...and

BEIGE...BEIGE everywhere....I see 1 futuristic black server there....good times...good times.

thanks for the pics!

Loo at the second rack, bottom server to the left. It's a Compaq server. Pentium 60!!! weighed a ton.

There's a blue cobalt appliance there too.. wasn't ours. another local shop VCNI ended up going under (anybody buy land on the moon?)

Its funny you mention the black one because as soon as I looked at the pic.. that's exactly what I thought too! hehe good ol' Acer towers. They were nice to work on.

LOL, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to offend you guys...

Something along the lines of....those old school ones, look like they have a readout for the "speed" they were running..like 66mhz and 60mhz and 50mhz and so-on with "Turbo" buttons on the front....I am dating myself now...

I forgot servers back then really didn't scale up the way they do now.