uniqs

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Immer

to Immer

Re: Absölution on Eredar

said by Immer:

awesome. I toyed with the idea of a separate leveling guild... but decided against it. Yes the gbank fills up, but that's because people aren't withdrawing from the first 4 tabs nearly as quickly as they deposit, lol.

As the resident AH goblin I don't really need anything except possibly once in awhile for convenience.

If you guys need anything posted on the GB let me know. Should be good on gold for awhile?

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

awesome. I toyed with the idea of a separate leveling guild... but decided against it. Yes the gbank fills up, but that's because people aren't withdrawing from the first 4 tabs nearly as quickly as they deposit, lol.

I used to let the GM deal with the guild bank, but when he went AWOL it fell to me (as the only other toon with enchanting at the time). I can honestly say the crap people put in the bank is unreal. Those abomination stichings from Strat which serve no purpose whatsoever? Someone donated a stack! Thanks, thats me vendoring it and putting gold in then.

Even to this day, in the newer guild, the bank is still full of junk. Lots of hex sticks from the new ZA, which don't stack etc. I'm waititng until a joint AH then selling it all again.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Great week for Absölution over the weekend. Horridon and Council down. Tortos in low 40%.

We had to postpone our Th night raid to Friday since it was the 4th and many were gone, and even on Friday we were one guildie short of getting the guild cred for downing Horridon, Still, it was great to finally be past him and much joy and celebration was had. Last night we downed Council for guild credit, but struggled a bit with Tortos. At first it seemed like we were going to face roll him when on the third or so pull everything was coming together and we got him down to 43%. Unfortunately, the chaos of the fight set in a bit after that and the next hour and a half was a series of wipes for a series of reasons. Though we had a couple other pulls that had him below half life, we just could't quite get all cylinders firing at the same time. So much chaos...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

congratulations, guys!

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Carpie

to Carpie
Grata absolution!

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Thanks guys. We were especially fortunate that we had some really quality PuGs that were experienced and helpful. And just basically bled raiding. Their guilds took the week off due to the holidays, so it was great to make some really terrific connections.

I would say it was a similar experience to as what we saw in PnE when we downed Horridon with the Pug pally tank. Not that anyone was any better geared than any of us, but they certainly were knowledgeable and comfortable with the fights. To the point that I just deferred to one of them to explain the fights for Council and Tortos.

When the 2-3 people on vacation found out what they missed, they were excited yet bummed also that they couldn't be there. So I'm really looking forward to this coming week to give them the experience as well.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Update yo sig mon

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Updated.

I was debating on whether to update it or not since from a guild perspective, we can't cross off Horridon officially until we down him with 8 guildies. I'll look over that technicality though, especially since one of them has been raiding with us consistently since we started on our ToT journey, he just doesn't want to switch guilds because he's been there since Vanilla (which I can respect).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Does the guild achev have it crossed off? thats what matters

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Well another week down of unanswered rolls on Primordius and Lei Shen. I'm pretty sure they don't actually drop shields. It's all lies I tell you, LIES.

Here's to another week of fending off dino horns with the lid to an aluminum garbage can.

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
I agree, I am getting tired of trash can lid as well

Carpie
united state

Carpie to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Does the guild achev have it crossed off? thats what matters

Does now. Stomped the dino PDQ last night with a full 10 guild group.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Hay whats this CTR Azuregos?

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Well... My M-W nights have been pretty open lately and the thought of trying to hook up with a raid group doing heroics has been tumbling through my head. I was checking out the CTR (Convert To Raid) website and content and came across a group that was looking for a DPS to run heroics with them M-W. I tried out on my mage (who hasn't been seeing any raid love) and they gave me the spot so I xferred the toon over.

TL;DR - CTR Azuregos is a guild on Aerie Peak that I've started raiding heroics with this week.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Gratz

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Thanks. We'll see how it goes. I'm certainly spreading myself extremely thin and won't be able to juggle everything long term. But I like what CTR is all about and what they are doing for the WoW community and wanted to be part of it. I can help this group out at least for the summer and re-assess everything when 5.4 and virtual realms drop.

My main priority is, and will remain, Absölution. Right now things are pretty settled into a rhythm and I have great people there, so I feel like this M-W absence won't have a negative impact.
Carpie

Carpie

Was a good week in Absölution overall. We still haven't got past Tortos, but we ended the week on him again. And what makes it significant for me is that we had a couple different dps this week vs last week, which were low dps'ers substituting for our top dps'ers, which brought our overall dps down significantly. So it was a harder road to travel this week but we still did it, which makes it feel good even with out the progression.

And we derped quite a bit on Council last night. And what makes it funny is that we nearly waltzed right in and one-shot Council. Our first pull we had Sul and Frost King down, Kaz and Priestess down below 20%. Everything was good, still had everyone up, I had considered it GG and my mind moved on to Tortos. Then the dps got a little over zealous and wanted to slam the coffin lids closed so pumped all they had into the execution phase. ...while Kaz was empowered...

So quite literally, we killed ourselves on that first pull that we should have closed without issue. And then for whatever reason, all coordination went out the window and we spent another hour and a half on them before we moved on. The lowered dps on Council just required better coordination, but on Tortos it really taunted us as we struggled to get the shells down quick and couldn't down all the bats before another set came out. I don't think coordination could have substituted the dps need on that one.

Our goal this Thursday will be to get through those three bosses within the two hour raid time we have allotted and then we can focused solely on Tortos the Turtle and Friends.
Carpie

1 edit

Carpie

TL;DR Can't wait to raid with Absolution crew tomorrow. Frustrated from last couple nights of raiding due to ass monkey tank.

Can't wait for tomorrow night to get here so we can get back in there and get us some turtle soup!! Plus we've setup a short HoF run Friday evening to gear some alts and up and coming guildies who want a taste of raiding so I'm really looking forward to that as well.

I love to raid and xferring a toon over to Aerie Peak has made me realize just how important having a good personality mesh with the people you raid with is and the attitude of the raiders. Monday we finished our clear of ToT regular up to the twins and getting the gear and seeing my numbers go up was a great experience and alot of fun. And most of the team there are good peeps. There are a couple though that are just real jack rabbits that are full of criticism and complaints. We wiped maybe 8 or so times on Durumu and one of the guys was having a tantrum over "I can't believe we are on pull 5 for FARMED BOSSES. Let's get our @#$ heads out of our asses and do this right. This is @#$ embarrassing and blah, blah, blah." I mean yeah, it IS farmed content for you and we pretty much 1-2 shot every other boss so just chill out dude.

It just makes for an uncomfortable environment when people have such 'leet attitudes. Last night we were on Jin'rokh heroic and it was a wipe fest. I made two admittedly bonehead mistakes. First, after about our 5th wipe, I went to make more jade pots and realized I didn't have any green tea leaves in my bags. The reason I didn't have any is because I was a little over-zealous in my donations to their raid bank late Monday night and had deposited my two stacks in there. In a casual environment, I'd have asked others for pots/leaves or asked for 5 min to go grab some. But with this elitist attitude, I wasn't going to call myself out for being the new guy who showed up to the raid unprepared without a full night's worth of pots. And then secondly, and this is the one I REALLY kick myself over, I realize an hour and a half in that my frost armor was gone. It's a stupid mistake but one I know other mages have made too. Again in a casual group it's something to laugh about and then keep going. But just like the pots, was I going to call myself out for such a noob overlook? Hellz no.

So we'll see how it goes for me with this other crew. For the short term I'll take advantage of the exposure to the fights and gearing up opportunity I have to at least get something out of the $50 in xfer fees (if I xfer it back to Eredar). I've not been the reason for the wipes so I'm not necessarily under scrutiny (other than still being the new guy) so at least the negativity isn't directed at me (though I have been the reason for a couple of the wipes or not survived the entire fight). Although this tank... tantrum boy referenced up above... what a beauty. My lack of survival just reminded me of Iron Quon...

They tell me I'm going to be with the first group, the tanks, to stack in the first phase of Iron Quon and that we'll be stacking on blue square. The fight begins, stack is callled, and I run to the blue marker next to the boss and stack. Tank boy starts screaming "You're on the wrong side!! You're on the wrong side!! Get over here!!" At first I'm not even sure they are talking to me because I'm dead center in the blue marker. After about the third shout I blink through the boss to where they are and promptly get speared. Tank boy grumbles and I lay on the ground for the rest of the fight. After the fight I say, I'm confused. I stacked on the blue square marker like you told me I needed to. What's up? Tank boy: "Oh. I meant stack on me (he was marked with blue square), not on the blue marker. Guess I didn't explain that well enough". Guess not.

With heroic Jin-Rokh, 3-5 people were getting knocked out with the flying lightning balls (heroic mechanic) consistently after the first pool. They were near always healers/dps. I was often one of them (thank god not the only one). The tank has all kinds of advice on where we should be standing, what we should be doing, etc. And in one of the pulls comments "man that was close I got hit by six of those things and thought I was dead". SIX!?!? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!?!? Being the mage wrapped in toilet paper, if one of those things even slightly brushes my ass it's lights out for me. In order for me to make it through that phase, I have to avoid ALL the lightning orbs (or on the RARE occasion I'm at full health, I may be able to survive bumping one of them), and even then am getting by with just a sliver of health due to the normal aoe dmg of thunderstorm. I burn through my ice barrier shield, a lock cookie, and a potion each time just for the chance to make it through it without touching any orbs. And you talk about almost dying after hitting six! Why I oughta....

Anyhow, WAY off topic. Point is I can't wait to raid with my peeps from Absolution again tomorrow night in a more casual environment. /end rant.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Much love bro.

I will be back soon.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Hell yes brother! Next week!

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
MAN!! I miss heroic raiding so much. Such great times and great rages. Carpie's stories bring them back. Just wait til you get deep into heroics, especially to the final boss, and then you go in normal and wipe to something stupid The rages become epic then.

I can remember in TOC, we'd always wipe to the 4th boss, the sisters of light/dark, on normal cause me and the other huntard would go nuts and run around the entire time just collecting orbs to see how fast and how many times we could hit 100%. This was all fine and dandy, but we'd hit every single orb, no matter the color, usually wiping us and everyone around us with the AoE damage.

Cat5

Cat5 to Carpie

to Carpie
When I was casually raiding ICC we had an awesome Norwegian tank join our guild. He seriously was epic. The main issue though? His rage.

It was F this and F that on Vent normally, but when we wiped he went absolutley mental. Calling the people who caused the wipe all the names under the sun, and bemoaning that we couldn't do it as the DPS was lacking in words that would make Frankie Boyle blush. In the end the GM let him go, saying we obviously were not the right guild for him.

What is even more scary is that Anders Brevik (guy who shot up a summer camp) was Norwegian and also played WoW. I hope to God it wasn't him!

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Ahh, ICC memories too! Blood Queen was best. They wanted a specific order for bites, which was understandable cause of dps. Problem was, even though I wasn't top once our warrior got his Shadowmourne, I could push more out in the first 10-15 seconds, securing the first bite for myself every time, which would bring the rages from the entire raid for the remainder of the fight. Finally, they made me stand in the back with my hands under my ass until the first bite came. I was told I'd be kicked from raid if they seen my dps before bite, so there I'd be, twidling my thumbs, with the occassional early OOPS.

Then of course, misdirecting a clothy in the Lady fight with the multitude of adds. Was always fun to misdirect the big mouth and sick an enraged, or whatever they were called, on them.

Forgetting to move on LK and falling off when ledge broke ; / GUILTY! Getting boned in a far corner of the room, YEP! Falling off the boat back when it would kill you, many a times playing with my rocket pack Breaking the ice block before the AoEs finished, always fun.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Noiche:

Ahh, ICC memories too! Blood Queen was best. They wanted a specific order for bites, which was understandable cause of dps. Problem was, even though I wasn't top once our warrior got his Shadowmourne, I could push more out in the first 10-15 seconds, securing the first bite for myself every time, which would bring the rages from the entire raid for the remainder of the fight. Finally, they made me stand in the back with my hands under my ass until the first bite came. I was told I'd be kicked from raid if they seen my dps before bite, so there I'd be, twidling my thumbs, with the occassional early OOPS.

Then of course, misdirecting a clothy in the Lady fight with the multitude of adds. Was always fun to misdirect the big mouth and sick an enraged, or whatever they were called, on them.

Forgetting to move on LK and falling off when ledge broke ; / GUILTY! Getting boned in a far corner of the room, YEP! Falling off the boat back when it would kill you, many a times playing with my rocket pack Breaking the ice block before the AoEs finished, always fun.

We were stuck for ages on Saurfang. The ranged just couldn't get the beasts down fast enough. Once we past him it didn't get much easier. Plagueworks gave us so much grief it was unreal. The flooded boss was OK but the spore one took us ages to get past and Putricide too. In the end we used to do the healing dragon boss before trying the rest. Council/Blood Queen/Sindy didn't give us many issues (sindy was the worst), but this was literally a couple of weeks before Cata. I think we had one week on LK before Cata, and we didn't kill him until 85 (and even then with more PUG'd players than guildies).

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

We never had any trouble with heroic ICC until we approached Sindy. For whatever reason, our guild just couldn't click in that fight. We wiped sub-5% and sub-10% at least 100 times. This was back before the stacking buff started. I think it got to 10-15% before we finally downed Sindy and moved on to LK, and not sure there cause I deployed before getting to continue with the guild. I'm sure they got him down fairly quickly, but Sindy was our wall.

All the stories I put were just stupid things that would cause wipes in heroic and make people rage. It was hilarious at times, and frustrating at others. Mostly hilarious though Beasts were easy for us. We had 2 hunters, so we stood on opposite sides of the platform, and always ran forward and dropped frost traps between each mob spawn, so they'd all be slowed. They'd die in 2-3 seconds cause every dpser, including tanks at time, would hit their AoE 1-2 times and things just died. The real problem there was when melee would hit before ranged, so the blob would turn around and proceed to insert it's jelly into said melee

Anyway, back on topic?

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I'm pretty sure last night was my last night with those guys. It took all my willpower to not tell tank boy to quit his effing whining. Damn is that guy a condescending whiney little prick.

Again, I wasn't the target of his tantrums, but just his disrespect for the others is enough for me. And it's only a matter of time before I do become his target and I unmute myself. Keeping my head down and getting the gear while I can isn't worth it. I have no respect for those that are disrespectful to others.

Sucks because most of the other people are great people. And I'd enjoy raiding with them and the atmosphere would be completely different. I don't know why they put up with his crap. I

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

Keeping my head down and getting the gear while I can isn't worth it. I have no respect for those that are disrespectful to others.

You're my kind of raider. Speaking of which... I'm looking to raid starting Fri night. Tonight I need to valor cap something.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

We have an event on the calendar for Friday 7-9p EST that a guildie put up for either MSV or HoF. She is in our reg 10m as rogue but is trying to get a Holy/Ret Pally geared up for us to have a solid 3rd heal/backup. Based on the caliber of people we get, and their gear, ToES could be an option also. We'll figure something out.

We aren't raiding in PnE this weekend right? Feral's on vacation? I'd really like to do some 5.0 heroics as well, so maybe we can set something up for that. Particularly the Spirit Kings so I could try to get the 502 shield for my Pally since ToT LFRs are denying me.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

We (PnE) will have to be very flexible this weekend without one of our cornerstone raiders (Feral/Tier). We'll link up for what we can.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

My blood DK is up to around ilvl500 or so. Not an experienced tank and without vent I dunno..?