Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: PnE

Remember that your spotter does not count as a date.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

Remember that your spotter does not count as a date.

Well duh

Besides I don't have a spotter (so I stick to the machines, for safety)

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

Gotcha. we'll work something out.... maybe make it a Saturday night thing instead.

Don't schedule around me, but for input from my side, I wouldn't be able to make the earlier Fridays but could make the earlier Saturdays. But a slight move up on Fridays like 10p-1 would be fine with me.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I appreciate the input. we have 6 EST raiders... a change is needed for at least one night a week.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

pshh... "conversation"??? whatever.

Well considering it'd be a 1st date I doubt much more would happen, atleast for most of the date.

And once I get a girl into a conversation I fairly quickly see if she has the intellect that I desire in a girl.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer to Wishflthinkn

Premium Member

to Wishflthinkn
Good weekend (missed ya, Bubbleslol). I spent most of the weekend as the OT. We had a nice, fun full-clear of MSV (thank you, Arsinic See Profile for joining us for that run!) only wiping once on the trash leading up to Elegon, lol.

Saturday night was tough work on Ambershaper. In a nutshell... we were too slow to break out the folks in constructs (sometimes we killed them... so... that sucks, too) and we ate entirely too many Amber Explosions (both from players and the Monstrosity). We need more practice so that we are all a bit more calm and can stay focused during P2. We'll get it.

edit: oh, and the removal of the gate to enter ToES on normal is part of the 5.3 PTR notes... so... we still have a shot at "earning it" ourselves.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Grats guys, btw - no excuse to accidently killing someone, if the person gets low - just smash the escape key. (Button 4? - It's been a while)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

yes, #4. I'm parsing the logs new... did you know that the construct that remains after someone dies in the suit ALSO casts Amber Explosion? Agreed there's no excuse other than "oops, I blew it". The mechanic-heavy fights have always been a challenge for casual raiders... this fight is no different. I really don't like vehicle boss fights.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Another tip is that you cannot press any button while you are casting the explosion, you need to either interrupt or blow up before you can do anything else.

Couple people died on our attempts while trying to get out or interrupt the big construct while casting the explosion which ended with them dying for "no reason" or being dps down.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

yes, #4. I'm parsing the logs new... did you know that the construct that remains after someone dies in the suit ALSO casts Amber Explosion?

Yeah when that happens, priority has to become the unmanned vehicle as it begins raging all over. It also seems to me that if dps kills the person in the suit before they escape with #4, then there is no unmanned vehicle; it dies also. It is when people die due to loss of Willpower that the unmanned vehicle remains.

There has been a lot of discussion about trying to keep people in the suits a little longer to interrupt monstrosity's explosion (both in PnE and Absolution) but my opinion on this is that it is better to get them out asap and heal the next explosion if necessary (generally someone else gets suited and can interrupt in time). Almost every time we've had someone stay in the suit, managing will power becomes a problem and then dps'ing them out becomes a problem. Before you know it you have two constucts up (one generally unmanned due to willpower death) and a shit-ton of amber blobs roaming around. Just can't catch back up.
Carpie

Carpie

said by Carpie:

It is when people die due to loss of Willpower that the unmanned vehicle remains.

Also why it is important just to get people out of the suits asap. If done correctly, people should be out of the suits before they need to worry about managing will power / eating pools. As soon as Willpower becomes a factor, we are doomed.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

FWIW - We never used to suck puddles in 25man (until the last phase), just saved them all for last phase. Doing it this way you have to have strong CD's up because of the large AOE damage. (On the last transition)

Also, being in front of the boss causes you to lose will power faster.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by JB9:

Also, being in front of the boss causes you to lose will power faster.

Ah that's a great point. I believe three strikes from him costs you 40 willpower. I hadn't considered the possibility of attacking him from the back to avoid that. 3rd phase strat is probably stand behind him if you're not his target.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Immer

to Immer
NP pal... If you need a body agian this weekend I could probably come halp with Hof or getting you into Toes or whatever..

AMber shaper is really all about having people confident with handling the suits imo. Managing the explosions will make the fight easy peasy.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Is it an individual gate, or can one eligible raider get the whole raid into TOES? I was under the impression it was an individual gate... meaning everyone has to be eligible for ToES to enter.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

Just the RL.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

A guildie just txt'd me another Amber Shaper strat that he found on the net that was used to down Amber Shaper in Heroic. Pretty ROFL interesting. Basically you one tank, one heal, and 8 dps while everyone stands around for the first phase and the tank in construct continues to apply the 10% dmg increase debuff to the boss for 7-8 minutes. At about 62 or so stacks, it becomes a dps fest to down the boss before the enrage timer blows. Essentially skipping P2 and P3.

He's posted the vid link to our guild FB page. Can't wait to see this one when I get home.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'f I'm on when you do it send me an inv.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Wishflthinkn

to Wishflthinkn
so we can get in the door if Venom is the raid leader; need a tank/healer depending on which Immer(weise/toten) shows up to the raid.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

What raid?

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

ToES; Venom got a HOF full clear last week. According to JB…
said by Immer:

Is it an individual gate, or can one eligible raider get the whole raid into TOES? I was under the impression it was an individual gate... meaning everyone has to be eligible for ToES to enter.

said by JB9:

Just the RL.

if Venom is the raid lead the raid will be able to walk into ToES

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
If you need a tank for ToEs hit me up on realID. I still need the helm from Sha.

I can bring pally or dk to the party. Need the helm on both. I have cleared ToE's as well.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Carpie:

A guildie just txt'd me another Amber Shaper strat that he found on the net that was used to down Amber Shaper in Heroic. Pretty ROFL interesting. Basically you one tank, one heal, and 8 dps while everyone stands around for the first phase and the tank in construct continues to apply the 10% dmg increase debuff to the boss for 7-8 minutes. At about 62 or so stacks, it becomes a dps fest to down the boss before the enrage timer blows. Essentially skipping P2 and P3.

He's posted the vid link to our guild FB page. Can't wait to see this one when I get home.

Disregard this as a viable strat. After more research, guildie has followed up saying there was a hotfix implemented to prevent this. Now boss will get to 1% health and stay there until monstrosity is dead, forcing you to kill it before boss. Since there isn't enough time to down both, it prevents this strat.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

okay... just finished pouring through our 14 attempts last night. It seems the winner in our group for "the most successful interrupts on the Monstrosity" goes to Zenea, our resto druid.

Zenea 5 times in the suit, interrupted Monstrosity 3/4 possible times (she broke out of the suit once seconds before the next cast of amber explosion), only managed to break out twice, only missed her own explosion once. Fine work, Z!
Knotme 6 times in the suit, interrupted Monstrosity 3/5 possible times (the sixth time was in P3), only managed to break out once, missed his own explosion 4 times.
Skyshandris 5 times in the suit, interrupted Monstrosity twice, only broke out once, and missed her own explosion 5 times.
Darklogix 5 times in the suit, 1/4 possible interrupts (5th time was in P3), zero escapes, only 1 missed detonation.

14 attempts is by no means "A lot". Z and Knotme spent more time in the suit during P2 than anyone else and they did well. The raid group (dps) still needs to work on burning them down below 20% so they can get break free (we did kill a few folks who didn't hit "escape" in time). Most of the other raiders only got 1 or 2 chances in the suit so, naturally, they were not yet comfortable with the mechanics.

The CD on the Amber Monstrosity's Explosion is 50sec. DBM will track its CD starting after the first one. I suggest turning off all negligible DBM timer bars and just focus on Amber Explosion (Monstrosity's and constructs) timers we should be set. Our single biggest problem is how many explosions we miss (and some by less than 2 seconds! Single target living ambers as we see them, burn constructs hard to 20% then back to Ambers or Monstrosity if no Ambers are up.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

Was all the people in the suit or just the ones in the most? Seemed like all more people were in the suit.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I decided to highlight the folks who successfully interrupted at least one of the Monstrosity's Amber Explosions. I think that is the key sign that someone has gotten the feel for the vehicle portion of P2. Until then... it's chaos/panic, lol.
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

To get this kill, everyone is going to need to find time to get into LFR and practice being in the suit.
Immer

Immer to Wishflthinkn

Premium Member

to Wishflthinkn
just ate a bowl of chili made with Ghost Pepper... what an adrenaline rush! okay... back to work...

Carpie
united state

Carpie

WTH is ghost pepper anyhow?
Carpie

Carpie

Ah.... Naga Bhut Jolokia