share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4
reply to Immer

Re: PnE

said by Immer:

I'm looking forward to having the gang together again soon. Council should go down this week... and I think we have a shot at tortos.

Whole-heartedly agree with this. Popular belief is that the next real challenge boss after Horridon is Durumu and that most guild are able to get through Council, Tortos, and Mag fairly quickly.

Having said that, I think such comments set a misleading perspective because none of the fights are just go in pew-pew and roflstomp through them. They "can" be easy as long as everyone is coordinated well; being more mechanic intensive than dps fights. Sounds easier than sometimes it is.
--
Absölution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 1/12 ToT
Pride and Ego -- 6/6 MSV 1/6H, 6/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 2/12 ToT

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

agreed. If we keep the level of focus up from what we needed to get the horridon kill, those other fights should be doable with only a fraction of the attempts.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Wishflthinkn

Sorry folks, I forgot about our trip to Nashville this weekend. I won't be able to raid Fri/Sat. My wife and I will be attending a live taping of a Mark Gungor seminar.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

1 edit

we are going to try to raid ToT tonight. I know that doesn't work for a lot of folks, so you guys can still go in there on Saturday night without me! Anyhoo... I'd like to get some raiding in before feral goes on vacation (and I'll be out of town Fri/Sat). We could also try Sunday night, too...

The Absolution raid takes precedence over tonight's raid, btw. If Absolution is raiding when we all log on, we'll pug for Knotme, Zenea, and Desecration. That way they will not be saved for an attempt later in the weekend.
--

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Depending if I have anything going on tonight when i get home i may available for a little raiding on any of my toons...Mage 490 Hunter 512 Warrior 496ish Pally 492ish prot and 501ish holy oh and my 480 Spriest on Nath

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

I may call on your h.pally.

Carpie

united state

Do you plan on running ToT or a raid that can be CRZ'd? If the latter, I could probably help fill your ranks with guildies and/or realid friends if you need.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

priority is ToT... but if we simply can't get the numbers, we'll drop down to CRZ content to make the most of the night.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

FL25 would be nice too.
for all but the last two bosses (majordormo needs more than 11 in 25man to get scorp form) (and well you know rag)

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Immer

said by Immer:

I may call on your h.pally.

Actual raid healing... craziness...lol. If I am on I will bring what's needed. It would be really easy if we had a a melee heavy team, but I guess I will have to use all of my tools instead of my LFR holy shock/radiance/LoD spam
--
Sunderella (Fury Warrior) Pride and Ego, Ravencrest(US)
Braincramp (BM Hunter) Pride and Ego, Ravencrest(US)
"Don't waste your life being negative all the time"

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

Okay... so my family is on yet another road trip for a family vacation with my in-laws. I didn't have the PTO to join them on this one... /sadface... so I will be medicating with large doses of late-night WoW. Hope to see you guys on tonight.

Friday night Raid: May start a little late, but I'd like to knock out some ToT.
Saturday night Raid: ToT
Sunday night: I'd like to valor cap second/third toon, but if you guys need me for anything just let me know. I might also start leveling up the 85shaman.
--

Carpie

united state

Ah, disregard my question in the Absolution thread. Looks like you are still planning to do some PnE raiding tomorrow and Sat night. I'll be down. I'm also family free this weekend.
--
Absolution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 3/12 ToT

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

If we can't start a raid within a reasonable amount of time, we'll rethink our activities. This weekend we need to be flexible. If you are still helping your guildie tomorrow night when we log on, don't sweat it.
--

Carpie

united state

No, we'll be done by the time you are ready in PnE. It was structured to be that way so I could log over and help you guys out if you ended up going.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer

BTW I'm still hoping to do FL tonight, though haven't seen bubbles on and last week when I tried I didn't get any real replies.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Carpie

united state

Sorry, can't help ya Dark. Tonight's our progression raid on Absolution.

You should try that Oqueue (or whatever it is) to get a group for that.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

well doing it tonight isn't set in stone, I just want to get it done this lock out.
--
semper idem

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I think I'll be home earlier than normal

Had a personal trainer session yesterday morning, and boy do I feel it now.

just makes me think I really need to find someway to get regular sessions (or a workout buddy) someone to push me harder than I push myself.
--
semper idem

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Wishflthinkn

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

#first-world-problems

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Wishflthinkn

Great raid tonight, PnE. Council down... lots of work on Tortos... /sigh
--

Noiche
Premium
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Dark, just give up and get fat with the rest of the WoW community, cause everyone knows gamers are fat!

@PnE - Grats guys/gals on another boss down. Keep progressing!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Noiche:

Dark, just give up and get fat

Been there done that.

Traffic at 5pm is a b******
--
semper idem

Carpie

united state

I despise Houston traffic. It's one of the top reasons (out of the hundreds) of why I would never move to Houston. Getting from the SHP to 45 to go down town is like a five mile stretch. Which is fine at 5a when there isn't traffic and it only takes the five minutes it should. But during evening rush hour, I have sat in it for up to an hour which makes my blood boil.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

My solution, go to a gym.
There tend to be attractive girls there, and you can get in better shape (to hopefully increase the chances with aforementioned attractive girls.)
--
semper idem

cat666

join:2013-04-26

said by DarkLogix:

There tend to be attractive girls there, and you can get in better shape (to hopefully increase the chances with aforementioned attractive girls.)

I've been overweight for as long as I can recall and I've never had issues getting girlfriends. Been single for 6 months since I was 19, so 6 months out of 13 years isn't bad for a fat geek

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by cat666:

said by DarkLogix:

I've been overweight for as long as I can recall and I've never had issues getting girlfriends. Been single for 6 months since I was 19, so 6 months out of 13 years isn't bad for a fat geek

well I don't go to hang out many places so...
--
semper idem

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

For those of us NOT born with model looks, I recommend a balanced approach to dealing with the ladies.

First tackle the basics of physical appearance:
1. cleanliness (when she sees you from a distance, you don't want her wondering if you smell like cheetos... and then you need to smell clean when she walks by)
2. be well groomed... always
3. be presentable. clean clothes. Don't go trendy unless you are a fashion dude... keep it simple, clean, and appropriate (jam shorts belong on the beach, gym clothes in the gym, shower shoes in the shower. If you follow some basic rules, you can do fine at WalMart, Target, or Old Navy without anyone really knowing how little you spent on the wardrobe...except for shoes... buy 2 pair of decent shoes (one black, one brown) NOT the exact same type of shoe).
4. be in decent shape (keep the soft tissue within your frame... don't get winded climbing a set of stairs... the basics). Notice this is at #4... if 1-3 is good... this one becomes much easier to maintain. The hard part comes next.

Once the physical is out of the way... here is where you get the biggest payoff for your work. Just like in the physical looks department... not everyone is blessed with the charm of Jack Black or Kevin James that enables them to be huge but always get the ladies... balanced approach for mere mortal men:
1. learn to speak with women... then learn how to talk to the type of woman you are interested in. This is a lifelong pursuit. no additional points needed. If you can't keep a woman interested in speaking with you, hanging out with you... she ain't falling for ya... no matter what kind of physic lies beneath the clothes. All those hours in a gym are wasted if they aren't comfortable enough talking to you or hanging out with you.

TL;DR: grinding gym rep is not a guaranteed path to epic achievements. purple gear doesn't guarantee success... have to play your class/spec to its max potential... but don't go in there still wearing greens, either.

Carpie

united state

I think the biggest challenge is what Dark points out:

well I don't go to hang out many places so...

Even if you have everything down pat in your list, if you don't have the opportunity to apply them, you're stuck. And for us that spend so much time in Azeroth, it becomes exponentially more difficult to find those opportunities. It's not like being in school where you were affronted with tons of opportunities every day. Now to try and make that connection you have to start at a stranger reputation level with toons that don't have exclamation marks over their head. So you have to just accept that at times you are going to be rejected and not given a quest to earn more reputation with them. But at some point, you'll find a quest giver.

--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well I work then I go to the gym then I drive home and sometimes go to wal-mart or a movie
--
semper idem