how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

glacierburst

join:2012-10-09
Exeter, CA

Speed is still very slow after hours of tech support

Hello after 6 months of trying to figure out why my 3/756 connection is .05 down and 800 up. Expect for early moring 2am- 5am when its 2.78 down and .69 up. This is every day all day. You can set your watch to it. I coped the Trans spec at both times 2am to 6am spec

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 864
Margin (dB) 25.8 15.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 20.0 9.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 8.4 12.2

Now at 6am to 1am spec

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 864
Margin (dB) 25.8 15.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 20.0 9.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 8.4 12.2

So there is know change.. So why am I getting such slow speed? Come on I'm not even getting dial up speeds. I cant switch kuzz There isn't nothing in my area expect clear. I tried that in found they slow my speed to .56 after I download more then 20 gb's of info..

I'm in the 93221 area code of central CA..USA. Can anybody help?
I've been sent 5 modems yes 5. Had a tech come rewire the hole Phone system with Cat5 from box. Helped but still to slow.. I was just on phone with Verizon again for 4 hours!!! In the hung up on me kuzz the say its my computer. So I bought 2 new computer from dell. Guess what (ITS NOT THE COMPUTER) Straight of the box it was slower then old computer..

Intel about a year ago I could stream full HD video from Netflix watch youtube video in Hd. Now I cant even watch video and Netflix just says your bandwidth has dropped and cant watch video!!

Can anybody help me!!!!Plz

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

Your line has great stats so the problem is not the DSL connection itself but somewhere else within the Verizon network or your computer is using the network and you are not aware of it. That is unlikely since you have tried different computers. If you torrent be sure that is disabled. When you run speed tests be sure nothing else on your computer is using the Internet.

Next step to do do a traceroute (tracert in Windows) to stable sites like this one. Do that in good times and bad. Latency should slowly increase with hop count and distance, sudden unexplained increase typically indicates congestion at that or the previous hop. Given your speed should be seeing about 20ms to the first Verizon edge router.

What you are seeing is typical of congestion within the ISP network, most likely backhaul out of the DSLAM that supports your line.

Good luck trying to get it upgraded.

What happened in response to your previous thread about this?

»Please help me to get moved to a less congestion DSLAM..
/tom

dude34221

join:2002-06-13
Athens, OH

1 recommendation

reply to glacierburst

do you have a splitter at the NID(outside box) or do you have DSL filters (filters for each physical phone connection inside)? Sometimes filters go bad.