spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jhutchington
join:2013-04-12
Toronto, ON

jhutchington

Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

Came across »www.cablegator.com/ on an ISP review form, they offered a great rate for business cable internet in Toronto. Before signing up I confirmed that service was available at my office and confirmed when they would be able to connect the service. I signed up, paid a $100 deposit, was told my service would be activated on April 4 2013. Day came and went, no one came out to connect us. Contacted the sub contractor they quoted who had no idea what I was talking about and realized the instal request was bogus. I contacted Cable Gators "president", named John MacArthur, who told me he will not return my deposit because I am cancelling before the install. I spoke to Rogers wholesale who verified that they have no record of this company, nor do they share lines with them. Cable gator has now removed the "business" section from their website. They still refuse to refund my deposit claiming they don't have to and that there is nothing I can do. I have since found out there are people all over the east coast who have been hit with this. Just a heads up if anyone else was thinking of signing up with them, be warned.

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

How could you ever order anything from website like that, first of all?

My kid, who is 1.5 year old could code something better then that.

What a joke.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Rofl So i went ahead a dropped in a Postal code for a Rural town, And it verified it for fibre p:) in an area i know noone has dsl even rofl.

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

all forms, everything on that "wanna" be website are free and (mostly) hosted offsite.
juggie
join:2007-04-25
H0H0H0

juggie to jhutchington

to jhutchington
If you paid with visa, call them to contest the charges. They won't stand a chance.

bobbybob
@shawcable.net

bobbybob to jhutchington

Anon

to jhutchington
Report them to: »www.antifraudcentre-cent ··· ome.html they can get the RCMP involved.

Also report to your bank if you used Email money transfer, Report to Visa for Visa, etc.

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to jhutchington

Anon

to jhutchington
if you're a small business, file a complaint with the CCTS, »www.ccts-cprst.ca/. Cable Gator became a member there only a few weeks ago.

Anyhow, even companies like teksavvy won't refund your money. TSI themselves want to have a full 30-days past an install date (or failed install date) to "trouble shoot".

But the CCTS is free for you, drop your story to them and see if you get your money back. At least your complaint will end up costing this gator clown more than a 100$ at the CCTS.

Do or don't.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Not really sure what TekSavvy has to do with this thread since they will actually open the install process with the incumbent service someone orders.

Also should probably spend less time posting FUD all over these forums Mr. anonymous. TSI gives refunds for botched installs when the customer wants to cancel or switch the type of technology the service comes because of bad line quality.
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to jhutchington

Premium Member

to jhutchington

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

I just checked the site.

200Mbps Down / 10Mbps Up service ?

Is ANYBODY offering that speed in Canada ?

Support page redirects to a sub of another domain.

Hmmmm,,,,
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to jhutchington

to jhutchington
This company does not look legit at all. I'm curious to know how they even became a participating carrier for the CCTS.

jhuchington
@start.ca

jhuchington to DrugTito

Anon

to DrugTito
I did check them out, they are listed on the CCTS and thought isp canada did their due diligence when advertising for companies like cable gator (how I cam across them in the first place).

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

I just checked the site.

Videotron is currently offering 200/10 www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet/internet/utimate-speed-internet-200

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by JC_:

Videotron is currently offering 200/10 www.videotron.com/residential/internet/residential-internet/internet/utimate-speed-internet-200

WHUH !!!
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to jhutchington

to jhutchington

Worst/Best stock photo ever?

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins

Explains how someone could order from that site....sex sells....

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

1 recommendation

Kardinal to jhutchington

Mod

to jhutchington
If a company's website has typos and grammatical errors as simple as the fundamental grammatical difference between a plural and a possessive, it's a clue.
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

1 recommendation

xtachx to jhutchington

to jhutchington
Looks like CableGator supports my favorite town!

xtachx

xtachx to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

I just checked the site.

Shaw. 250 down and 15 up, but its 1TB cap for $110 and unlimited for $195.

But this CableGator thing is a scam.
chrisl83
join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

chrisl83 to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
*** edit ***

Erin
@bellaliant.net

Erin to jhutchington

Anon

to jhutchington
If Cable Gator is a scam then I must be getting scammed I have had them for Cable TV for 3 Months reasonable although their site could use some work.

travisc
join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON

travisc

Sure thing, pal. An anonymous user appears on a thread ripping up a scam outfit to defend them. Please show me where Cable Gator has even been licensed by the CRTC as a BDU to provide TV service.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

Click for full size
CableGator with someone elses security seal
said by travisc:

Sure thing, pal. An anonymous user appears on a thread ripping up a scam outfit to defend them. Please show me where Cable Gator has even been licensed by the CRTC as a BDU to provide TV service.

Why would the CCTS "proudly welcome" a "scam outfit"?

Anyone here notice that they use a "security seal" logo for another company? The security seal was issued to NetYes.com. Not CableGator.

So I looked into the security seal because this seems weird, and it gets even weirder...

When I look into who this mickey-mouse "security seal" vendor is, I can't seem to find a way to check into their "verified" clients. CableGator doesn't even point back to them, but rather, cablegator points back to itself if you click on it.

The security seal vendor, trust-check.com, then shows that NetYes.com does their page design (a weird circle, eh?).

trust-check.com then shows they are used by homedepot, Pepsi, Nissan, etc. So I check a few of them of them out. I didn't see that at all. Appears to be all BS.

Anyhow, to the point, even cablegators security seal logo isn't even issued to them. It's to another company (NetYes) as the logo even shows. Just plain weird.

But anyhow, all moot. He can go complain to the CCTS about them. And as stated, even when other resellers miss a date (ie a no-show, or other mix-up) they demand to be given more time to do it over (up to 30 days, per policy). So it will be interesting what the CCTS will state.
Expand your moderator at work

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to JC_

MVM

to JC_

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

said by JC_:

said by Davesnothere:

I just checked the site.

That's 200/30, not 200/10.

Nikki
@184.170.129.x

Nikki

Anon

Eastlink offer's 200/10 »www.eastlink.ca/Internet ··· 200.aspx
rickyfk
join:2013-04-01

1 edit

1 recommendation

rickyfk to jhutchington

to jhutchington
Click for full size
best city in ontario
Click for full size
they are in my town ;3

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

»www.cablegator.com

"Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled"

Cliffy
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Kitchener, ON

Cliffy to jhutchington

Premium Member

to jhutchington
And the office address is a Regus space.

Rob403
@distributel.net

Rob403

Anon

I still think that these guys are better then SCS Communications When i was going to go through them they never came at all for installation for my tv service but i could be wrong but really whats so bad about this company yeah there system could be better and yet someone else hes there internet in my building has far has i see on my wireless network device so they must be good!