sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to Davesnothere

Mod

to Davesnothere

Re: Westlink Cable is a Scam !

Yeah ... you can't put in a reason so they have nothing to go on as to why it should be pulled.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to oh my

Premium Member

to oh my

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

said by oh my :

said by Davesnothere:

Actually, I'm having boatloads of FUN, punctuating your posts, and getting creative in how to tell folks that Westlink is a Scam.

Westlink internet is a scam and fraud?

I didn't say fraud (well not THIS time), but basically, YES !

That's like calling me a dirty old man.

I would reply "What do you mean - OLD?!"
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook

said by sbrook:

Yeah ... you can't put in a reason so they have nothing to go on as to why it should be pulled.

The 'FLAG' link has a multi-choice pull-down, and the first is 'Scam / Prohibited'.

That should tell them SOMETHING.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

But it doesn't give them a clue as to why you're saying they are a Scam or why you think it's prohibited.

So that ticket link is good.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

But it doesn't give them a clue as to why you're saying they are a Scam or why you think it's prohibited.

So that ticket link is good.

True.

However, the bottom choice under the red flag is 'Type in a Reason'.
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

LostTheGame to hgroovy

to hgroovy
AWW! Lisa MacArthur is John's mommy!
Expand your moderator at work

MyrddinEmrys
join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON

MyrddinEmrys to afterall6767

to afterall6767

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

said by afterall6767 :

No It's not because of that at all It's because I don't waste time like you guys do posting after posting and really you guys are going to be asking for trouble but not going to say what It Is that's for your smart asses to figure out. We see who's the smart one afterwards cause I know I'm not the dumb ones that just spend to much time just being on here typing away on their lame downgrade computers with crappy keyboards from the 90's that have not upgraded their computers.

I see, another tween has taken to the keyboard, and surprise, surprise, failing grammatical sense.

If you are a Westlinker, do you know that you reportedly don't have any technical savvy, because that would interfere in the pursuit of %u201Cfamily values%u201D; and so leaves your insults with no weight.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Tweens Will be Offended at You !

said by MyrddinEmrys:

I see, another tween has taken to the keyboard, and surprise, surprise, failing grammatical sense....

Hey' that's not fair to tweens.

Most of them can communicate better than THAT !

And no, if you pick apart the style, it's not a new poster at all - just a new anon name for a poster we have seen here many times.

Hi, John !

and BTW, lest I forget....
====================
Westlink Cable is a Scam !

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore to afterall6767

Premium Member

to afterall6767

said by afterall6767 :

No It's not because of that at all It's because I don't waste time like you guys do posting after posting and really you guys are going to be asking for trouble but not going to say what It Is

Ya know this is actually sadly sorta "right" - we spend our time trying to expose a scammer while the scammer spends their time making money off the backs of innocent people. So in a different dimension where morals and karma count for nothing we ARE the losers.... BUT in THIS world I think...

====================

BTW: The thinly veiled threats do have me glued to the edge of my 1974 barka-lounger while I pound on the keyboard of my maxed-out C64 .... I really wish I could afford one of them 'mouse' things that are all the rage...... they look SO 1983!!! Unfortunately I got Scammed by some clown that took all my money and promised me something that he never intended to actually deliver so I'm stuck.

However from the very basic validation requested by SO MANY members here, and the obvious and explicit attempts to either avoid providing it, or attempting to provide forged copies of it, by those that claim to represent WestLink Cable in some form or another I think we can presently deduce that...

====================

afterall6767
@shawcable.net

afterall6767

Anon

If such a scam how did I get service only way Is If they patched aka dispatch phone number through Shaw If It wasn't for Westlink I would still be with Distributel and not get 80 mbps. Just like every company has a line where they dispatch tech's to come to your house to do Install.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to Semaphore

Premium Member

to Semaphore

Re: Westlink Cable is a Scam

said by Semaphore:

....from the very basic validation requested by SO MANY members here, and the obvious and explicit attempts to either avoid providing it, or attempting to provide forged copies of it, by those that claim to represent WestLink Cable in some form or another I think we can presently deduce that...

====================

Sounds about right to ME !

The only trouble is that you use too many expensive-sounding words, and our buddy John (or his not yet paid shill-troll-minion) may not understand some of them.

Also, you use too much punctuation (so do I), and THAT might throw him off too.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to afterall6767

Premium Member

to afterall6767

said by afterall6767 :

If such a scam, how did I get service ? ....

Oh, I dunno, maybe :

(1) sitting in an Internet cafe

(2) using a public WiFi hotspot in downtown Calgary

(3) you got it directly from Shaw, and paid for it like everyone else does

But wherever you got it, it certainly didn't come from Westlink !

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga to afterall6767

to afterall6767
said by afterall6767 :

If such a scam how did I get service only way Is If they patched aka dispatch phone number through Shaw If It wasn't for Westlink I would still be with Distributel and not get 80 mbps. Just like every company has a line where they dispatch tech's to come to your house to do Install.

So what you're saying is that Westlink called up Shaw and signed you up for Shaw's internet.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by cybersaga:

So what you're saying is that Westlink called up Shaw and signed you up for Shaw's internet.

Might be.

Hard to tell with the way the words just a-flow.

Methinks that the poster needs to get one of those old-fashioned 'puters & keyboards - y'know, the ones with working punctuation keys on them - one like he said that WE all have.

Then he could type like US and we might understand !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to cybersaga

Premium Member

to cybersaga

Hey, I just got to thinking - this thread is better than the soap opera that I used to watch !
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to afterall6767

to afterall6767
said by afterall6767 :

ok, so you have shaw internet, what does westlink have todo with this or proof they actually provide anything, lol, this is better than soaps

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by vincom:

said by afterall6767 :

ok, so you have shaw internet, what does westlink have todo with this or proof they actually provide anything, lol, this is better than soaps

Didn't we learn early on in the thread that one of the scams being run was simply to sign people up with cable internet in their own names, billing them for it, then not paying the company that installed it, and walking away with the customer's money?

====================================
Westlinkcable.net is a scam
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

LostTheGame to Ian1

to Ian1

that is their modus operandi

afterall6767
@shawcable.net

1 edit

afterall6767 to Davesnothere

Anon

to Davesnothere
I have told you [deleted] that you don't have the knowledge like I don't ever think your smart and never will like I said and I repeat again: HOW CAN I GET SERVICE BY CALLING SHAW WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS AN BUSINESS ACCOUNT. Ok If you guys are so Mr. library smart how do I get around that? NO WAY you can't. Ok maybe I should post at an Internet Cafe then and see what I get I bet It would be different. I don't ever go to downtown for wi-fi and yes It was maybe I should have gotten the tech name from who installed the service at the time and you would call Shaw and ask for him. Plus I would need an shaw email address and password which I don't have yes DON'T HAVE! to use the wi-fi.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by afterall6767 :

I have told you [deleted] that you don't have the knowledge like I don't ever think your smart and never will like I said and I repeat again: HOW CAN I GET SERVICE BY CALLING SHAW WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS AN BUSINESS ACCOUNT. Ok If you guys are so Mr. library smart how do I get around that? NO WAY you can't. Ok maybe I should post at an Internet Cafe then and see what I get I bet It would be different. I don't ever go to downtown for wi-fi and yes It was maybe I should have gotten the tech name from who installed the service at the time and you would call Shaw and ask for him. Plus I would need an shaw email address and password which I don't have yes DON'T HAVE! to use the wi-fi.

And you cannot PROVE any of the things which you just wrote.

BTW, FREE Public WiFi means that no name and password are needed.

The TELL
@videotron.ca

The TELL to afterall6767

Anon

to afterall6767
said by afterall6767 :

Ok If ...
I bet It ...
and yes It

His "tell" is showing again. Just like the other posts from many pages back.
Same "tell" all the time.

Poor dumb [deleted].

afterall6767
@shawcable.net

afterall6767 to Ian1

Anon

to Ian1
Plus If it was a scam they would have gotten shutdown already since they would be acting out has they are Impersonating shaw/rogers or any other company where they provide service under them.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere to LostTheGame

Premium Member

to LostTheGame

said by LostTheGame:

that is their modus operandi

Basically, yes, Westlink, and any of the earlier so-called companies of this person have been nothing but pretend/fake Internet providers.

THAT is how they get peoples' money (and sometimes other unnecessary personal info).

Then Westlink simply welches on the order, OR Westlink orders service from a major Internet provider (such as Shaw) while pretending to be the real customer, and then Shaw does not get paid and cuts off the REAL real customer after a few weeks.

The that customer then wonders why Shaw has cut off their service and is contacting them looking for money, when they thought that they were dealing with Westlink, or Go Cable, or Cable Gator.

And John keeps their money.

I gotta admit, it's a slick idea for a scam.

Too bad (for him) that John and his minions cannot execute the plan better.

And good (for innocent consumers) that folks like US are around to bust his chops each time we see where he pops up next.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Guspaz to afterall6767

MVM

to afterall6767

It has been shut down many times already by the fraudster. There was JM Internet Solutions, then SCS Communications, then Cable Gator, then Go Cable, and now Westlink. In a few weeks, it's likely "westlink" will shut down and we'll see another one pop up, unless the police get around to arresting the fraudsters first.

I suspect the only reason the police haven't shut the loser down already is because it's too small-time to bother with him.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere to The TELL

Premium Member

to The TELL

said by The TELL :

said by afterall6767 :

Ok If ...
I bet It ...
and yes It

His "tell" is showing again. Just like the other posts from many pages back.

Same "tell" all the time....

Yes, I noticed that too.

It's called a 'Freudian Schlepp'.

John or his minion really should get a new keyboard.

The 'I' key sticks in upper case when he gets angry.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to afterall6767

Premium Member

to afterall6767

said by afterall6767 :

Plus I would need an shaw email address and password which I don't have yes DON'T HAVE! to use the wi-fi.

Which you can request and just weren't given. Call Shaw business and ask them to set you up with an address. Go ahead, I'll wait here.

Just so you can understand, i'll downgrade to your language skills:

IF YOU CAN CALL SHAW YOU HAVE A SHAW BUSINESS ACCOUNT.

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore to afterall6767

Premium Member

to afterall6767
said by afterall6767 :

I have told you [deleted] that you don't have the knowledge like I don't ever think your smart and never will like I said and I repeat again: .....

uhhh What the Hell is that supposed to mean ?

It would still appear in my opinion that

====================

And there is still no evidence to the contrary so I'll stick with my opinion that

====================