Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MrSmart

Re: Westlink Cable is a Scam !

said by MrSmart
If you people are such smart.

you people are so dumb and don't have the knowledge or smart of facts that they are places

*snip* *snip* just had to point out the obvious, it was too tempting.

John loses the ability to coerce with simple sentence structure when he's mad.
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:6

1 edit
reply to jhutchington

Re: Westlink Cable is a Scam

@sbrook :

But Mr Smart has good grammar skills.

HE is more like that 'Mister Eloquent' guy who wrote the polite verbose posts a few days ago, and stopped when the RCMP began to post.

Called Himself by various names, including Hamborg, and used various proxies.

=======================
Westlink Cable is a Scam !

exposed

@bellaliant.net

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

its a sign to stop hahaha, but people are having fun on here do I say now or later that is not effecting Westlink's sales. they have a thing called word of mouth oh I forgot users here are not that smart lmao.

exposed

@bellaliant.net
reply to donkey

said by donkey:

said by MrSmart
If you people are such smart.

you people are so dumb and don't have the knowledge or smart of facts that they are places

*snip* *snip* just had to point out the obvious, it was too tempting.

John loses the ability to coerce with simple sentence structure when he's mad.

Yeah right LOL

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

The proof isn't in the pudding? You were able to understand his rambling pathetic attempt at the English language? It hurt my brain to read it.
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

donkey

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to exposed

said by exposed :

they have a thing called word of mouth

How does that work exactly? You rip someone off, and yet they tell all their friends and family to send you money and subscribe to Westlink?

I don't get it.
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

exposed

@bellaliant.net

yeah well the funny thing is that no one is getting ripped off, congratulations for accomplishing nothing other than making me laugh lol

exposed

@bellaliant.net
reply to donkey

keep thinking what you like your wrong, enjoy the paying high charges for internet and so on :P

exposed

@bellaliant.net

im done with this fourm you guys have no idea about Westlink keep rambling it's doing jack other than making me laugh at the stupidity and assumptions.

trog

join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON

It's a real shame. All you needed to do to stop this was to provide some of the very basic info requested here. As it is, you refuse to supply any proof of how you operate; info that any legitimate operation would have no problem providing.

Any disappointment you have with this forum comes back squarely to one person; YOU.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

reply to exposed

Warning: Westlink Cable / westlinkcable.net is a scam

said by exposed :

yeah well the funny thing is that no one is getting ripped off

I guess that means that nobody has been stupid enough to fall for the Westlink Cable scam lately. Our work here shall continue!

Westlink Cable / westlinkcable.net / westlinkcable.com is the latest in a series of scams, going back to Cable Gator and GatorCable, run by John MacArthur Bankes (and an number of other aliases).
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

3 edits
reply to exposed

WestLink Cable is a SCAM

said by exposed :

....do I say now or later that is not affecting Westlink's sales [victims]....

If that is so very true, then why do you even bother to come here to try to DEFEND this bogus ISP ?

====================
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Kardinal

Re: Warning: Westlink Cable / westlinkcable.net is a scam

said by Kardinal:

said by exposed :

yeah well the funny thing is that no one is getting ripped off [any more]

I guess that means that nobody has been stupid enough to fall for the Westlink Cable scam lately....

AND a very astute observation on YOUR part.

MyrddinEmrys

join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON
reply to jhutchington

Cable Internet Scammers

Oh well, we scared another (wink, wink) scammer away. sniff

donkey

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to exposed

said by exposed :

keep thinking what you like "you're" wrong, enjoy the paying high charges for internet and so on :P

I am currently a teksavvy dsl customer, they show up with the ARIN database, why doesn't your scam company?
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to MyrddinEmrys

Waste-Link Cable Internet Scammers

said by MyrddinEmrys:

Oh well, we scared another (wink, wink) scammer away. sniff

There, there.

Dry your eyes and don't fret.

He'll be back in just a few hours, with a shiny new anon screen name and a new proxy, spouting excuses, gibberish, and nonsense about West-Bilk not living down to its name, ready to be whacked again.

====================
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
reply to tmpchaos

said by tmpchaos:

said by Semaphore:

49 k hits on the thread! And we haven't hit the front page ? :-(

Hey Mod - can you tell us what the top hit count for a single thread is on DSLR ? I've been here a few years and don't recall anything this entertaining.

Not even close to one I can pull up off the top of my head:

2240/1049k (yes, that's over 1 million ahead)

LOL - wow... ok well I'm sure we'll get there eventually

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to jhutchington

WARNING: Westlink Cable = scam

Just a thought:

This thread was created to warn people about scam operations posing as ISPs (and possibly offering video / voice / other services), and it's done well in generating high listings on search engines for people who are researching the "companies" we have looked at and found out what they really are. That said, if the potential victims come here and find this thread, are they really going to want to wade through a lot of the jokes/snarkiness/putdowns that the last few pages have been, to find the real info we've found?

What I'm saying is, it's good to challenge the anonymous poster garbage, but perhaps less of the massive reposts of content and everyone getting in comments on the same post might make it easier for potential victims to find the "real deal" on Westlink Cable / westlinkcable.net / westlinkcable.com and if we save a few people, along with driving the people behind the attempted fraud crazy, isn't that really the point of this thread?
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

said by Kardinal:

Just a thought:

This thread was created to warn people about scam operations posing as ISPs isn't that really the point of this thread?

Sadly the title of the thread "warning about cable gator" etc is what actually shows in the google search. when you type in "westlink cable" (for me anyway). For someone that's looking really quick for reviews of their new potential ISP that looks almost completely irrelevant.

Maybe there should be a sticky post at the top of the forum that just lists the Scam domain name(s) and point links to subsequent forum posts to support those claims ?

The effort to expose the scammers is good, but Overall after many, many posts trying to get SEO to hit on us effectively we're not getting far for the effort.

What would rank best in SEO ?

S

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

I heard Westlink Cable (or their latest incarnation, yet to be named) will be moving their corporate headquarters to Nova Scotia »www2.macleans.ca/2013/08/08/nova···-us-all/

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to jhutchington

Warning about Westlink Cable

And now, the latest news on Westlink Cable / westlinkcable.net / westlinkcable.com :

Lead story:

There's a new Kijiji posting in New Brunswick portion of the site that Westlink Cable is looking for customer service agents to work from home: »newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-cu···99613035

The contact number is 506-xxx-xxxx, which is NB area. I find it a bit odd that Westlink Cable, a company that claims it is based in Calgary AB according to it's website, is looking for work-at-home customer service agents at the other end of the country.

Additional story:

Westlinkcable.net used to have a note in the "recent news" section of their website that said something along the lines of 'the thread on DSLReports is untrue', but it seems that note has now been removed. I wonder if Westlink Cable was finding that post was causing more harm by admitting that this thread existed rather than to simply ignore it.

--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12

Of course they're looking in NB ... that's where John Bankes MacArthur lives The Calgary base is a maildrop.

Hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Kardinal

Great was to get ID for ID theft.
Westlink Cable requires 5 (full time) motivated individuals to assist customers with their cable accounts. These agents must have a computer with internet access and clean criminal record. starts at $11.50+ performance bonus.

Hmm... Ref: »www.mccarthy.ca/article_detail.aspx?id=4923

So just like they used to ask their customers for SIN and mothers maiden name, they will ask potential targets for SIN, mothers maiden name, drivers Lic, and everything else possible. Yet he (or a 3rd party) has no properly authorized agreement for collecting or even submitting this info into the RCMP database, which is an RCMP requirement.

Also, do they not now require fingerprints before even releasing info (see #4) now?

Would this not be cause enough for the RCMP to get off their fat asses? Seems to me this fraud house is even playing RCMP policy.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to jhutchington

Is there a reason that we have returned to posting in the old thread ?

This is good stuff, but the person outside of the thread does not know that they will find it on Page 96 (my settings).

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to Hm

Re: Warning about Westlink Cable

Note that he did NOT say that he would do a criminal check, but rather that applicants had to have a clean record. A lot of employers do that. They say "If we were to do a criminal records check, would we find anything?"

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to jhutchington

Looks like GoCable's website has bitten the dust.