Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
Expand your moderator at work

Nick043

@bellaliant.net
reply to Rob403

Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area

I've had Cable Gator since January and not had as much as one problem they are way better than Roger's and Bell.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to jhutchington

What's the over/under on anonymous posts praising a company that doesn't seem to be much more than a bad website that will say service is available anywhere, and shared office space?

Oops.....webspace is down again as it's defaulting to the main page for Homestead.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

yeah, it's also interesting to two guys posting have the same type of username and numbers in it. i bet if a mod checked, he'd see they were from the same IP.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to jmck

said by jmck:

»www.cablegator.com

"Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled"

and now it doesn't work at all, it redirects to a website builder called homestead.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to Nick043

said by Nick043 :

I've had Cable Gator since January and not had as much as one problem they are way better than Roger's and Bell.

Well if you can't trust a few anonymous posters on DSLR and a third-rate cheesy website that no longer exists, who can you trust?

I want to sign up for a year pre-paid, Nick043. Can you hook me up with the new contact information for Cable Gator?
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

cblgtrsux

@bellmobilite.ca

funny they said they use cablr gater but their ip shows they are with bell alient?? weird, no? shouldnt they be posting from Bell alien t?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to jhutchington

it's now cable-gator.com!

The application accepts virtually ANY garbage you choose to type in

Looks to me like an ID theft outfit!

Viper359
Premium
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Go have fun on their chat window of their website. Oh good time.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by Viper359:

It was a lot of fun.

Lots of bullshit from them, telling me I could get Cable gator at my place of business.

"Sam" stated the following about the OP:
"that was fake post delivered by our competitors in the market,we are a legitmate company. we do have our registered office and we have linsence under depatment of telecommunications."
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

hm

@videotron.ca

They are indeed reg'd with the CCTS as operating in Canada and not running afoul with them.

At that same office (same city, same street, same address, same postal code, same suite) they operated as, SCS Communications. Which ran afoul with the CCTS for not registering.

While their site may be mickey mouse with fake security seals (which, BTW, did you notice they got rid of it?) and run off of some guys new Pentium II with MMX, they are legit in the CCTS eyes (and I guess the CRTC since the CCTS is overseen by the CRTC which is arms-length of the Harper government).

As long as you reg with the CCTS and Pay the CCTS a you get your name on their site.

*shrug*

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

said by Viper359:

It was a lot of fun.

Lots of bullshit from them, telling me I could get Cable gator at my place of business.

"Sam" stated the following about the OP:
"that was fake post delivered by our competitors in the market,we are a legitmate company. we do have our registered office and we have linsence under depatment of telecommunications."

And quoted complet with typos

BTW, if you want a laugh, try chatting with the 'Bot at Magic Jack.

»MagicJack anyone?

I wanted up-front info about porting in other phone numbers and got a supreme canned runaround from MJ-Bot last year, which, when challenged, insists that it is NOT a 'Bot.

kjhrfsd87

@videotron.ca
reply to jhutchington

I put this company in the same boat as fibremedia.ca and skynet canada. Bogus company providing non-existant services to non-existant customers.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jhutchington

As much as we rag on Skynet for using the term "wireless fiber", they do provide real services, and their customers seem satisfied.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to kjhrfsd87

said by kjhrfsd87 :

I put this company in the same boat as fibremedia.ca and skynet canada. Bogus company providing non-existant services to non-existant customers.

I kind of have to agree with Guspaz in regards to skynet. Did you never see their "roaming truck tower" during the Montreal Grand Prix a couple of years back? I didn't either.. I was more focused on the Skynet babes posing next to their Skynet truck

Besides Skynet is business orientated and appears to be surveillance orientated. Nothing residential except for their free service around Montreal/St. Lambert.

Unhappy1

@eastlink.ca
reply to jhutchington

Wow…just stumbled on this message board when I googled Cablebator. Clearly I'm not the only one dealing with these people. I'm here in the Halifax area and had the misfortune of trying to do "business" with these people.

I signed up with JM Internet Solutions (company name which was then changed SCS Communications, then in January 2013 changed to Cablegator), and sent a "deposit" through to them for internet service and cable hook up. I originally sent my $25 internet hookup "deposit" payment via email money transfer on September 4, 2012, was given installation date for a week later and then on the day of the installation told me the appointment was canceleld due to flooding in the area of the installation technician. I told them no problem, that was okay and let them reschedule the appointment. Meanwhile, I saw on their website that effective October 1, they would be offering cable services, so I told them I was interested in that as well. I was told no problem, they could put me down for that as well along with my internet hook up, but told me I would have to pay a $50 deposit in advance of the scheduled installation date. So I sent an email money transfer in the amount of $50 to them on September 27th.

After having four installation appointment dates rescheduled, conveniently on the day my service was to have been installed, and after the company began changing its name literally overnight, and changing their customer service phone numbers without any notification, not to mention once I read the negative reviews of other people who had submitted deposits, only to never receive installation or any Internet or cable services from these people I became very wary. Fed up that I hadn't received Internet/cable service that I had paid for, I demanded to have my money refunded, to which I was told, no problem ( I have all email correspondence to this affect as well), that my refund would be mailed out me within two day. This was way back in late October 2012.

I received numerous promises, via telephone and email telling me that my money would be refunded to me, once the company even went as far as telling me they had sent out a certified to cheque to me, which I never received. When I called them to inform them of this, I was told the cheque would be then shipped to me via courier service. I was then given a fake tracking number. When I called the company back on it, I was told by yet another "CEO", that he was sending my cheque out to me to which he then proceeded to give me his "direct" cell phone number and told me to call him should I have any questions or concerns about my refund. I called the number five days later and the number was conveniently "out of service". Since then, I have received correspondence telling me that they owe me nothing since I signed a disclaimer telling me my money was non-refundable. I was floored since I have never ever received any disclaimer, nor seen one and certainly have not signed one. They only changed up on me when I informed them I would be taking them to small claims court.

This "company" gave me the run-around, and misled me over and over again by false promises of returning my refund, only to have them now tell me they don't owe me anything. In the eleventh hour, so-to-speak, they tried to claim that they owe me nothing since I was originally dealing with JM Internet Solutions when this all took place. But they have corresponded with me and "promised" me my refund since their name change to Cable Gator. It appears they keep changing their name because they're trying to escape myself and other unhappy customers from keeping track of their less than professional business practices.

The company then tried to claim that the deposit is nonrefundable and I informed them that is impossible since I never signed any disclaimer to that affect when I submitted my money.

Thankfully I have record of all my email correspondence back and forth with these people where one can plainly see that I paid money for services that never materialized.

Over the past six or seven months or so, I have left feedback on Canadianisp.com about my negative experience with this company, along with others who have experienced the same negative experience. But every time such feedback has been left, the company has requested that Canadianisp.com remove their company profile from the site.

The only reason this company is even registered with the CRTC is because of the complaints disgruntled customers made with CCTS way back in December / January. That’s the only reason. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be registered. Once CCTS got a hold of them and told them of mine and other complaints with them, they informed the “company” that they are not allowed to function without being registered with the CRTC.

Per my compliant Cablegator was to have contacted me weeks ago to settle my refund. As yet, I have yet to hear anything from them. Luckily CCTS has assured me my complaint is still open and they have forwarded it as well as other complaints to the CRTC.

PS: Because of my ongoing complaint with CCTS concerning Cablegator, I keep checking Cablegator’s website too what other bogus services they are offering. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning only to find the company website has been taken down. I wonder why…hmm…could it because they are now feeling the heat of other complaints being filed against them? I think so.

Sorry for such a long post, but I just had to get all that out.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by Unhappy1 :

PS: Because of my ongoing complaint with CCTS concerning Cablegator, I keep checking Cablegator’s website too what other bogus services they are offering. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning only to find the company website has been taken down. I wonder why…hmm…could it because they are now feeling the heat of other complaints being filed against them? I think so.

Sorry for such a long post, but I just had to get all that out.

As pointed out here, »Re: Warning about Cable Gator in Toronto area, their website is still up, it's now running as:
»www.cable-gator.com/

I would put some pressure on the CCTS if I were you. It will be interesting to see what the CCTS does aside from running to the CRTC.

The CCTS should put up a big warning on their webpage about this company if what they told you is true. They do it for companies who fail to register. They should do it for companies who fail to comply with their rulings.

This is showing how the CCTS is interested only in registration money. Like any other wet-noodle mafia outfit that forces companies to join them.

Unhappy1

@eastlink.ca

I actually did just this. I called CCTS late this afternoon and told them I haven't heard anything from Cablegator as yet. They told me they will investigate this and get back to me.

I shouldn't be surprised that Cablegator has now set up a new web domain name.

And as I've stated before, the company keeps changing names because they're trying to dodge customer complaints. At one point I had one of the service representatives of Cablegator tell me that they don't owe me anything and that I'd have to try to recoup my money from JM Internet Solutions. They claim since the company is now called Cablegator and is a totally different company they have nothing to do with my refund. Do they really think I'm that stupid? Poor stupid fools. Little do these dumbasses know, I have correspondence from when they were JM Internet Solutions, SCS Communications AND Cablegator, with me being informed in each of those pieces of correspondences that they would send me my refund. They merely changed their name every so often to dodge unhappy customers trying to get their refunds back.

If they think I'm going away, they've got another thought coming. I will get my money back, not because I care about the $75 at this point, but based on principle.

hm

@videotron.ca

Normally when one declares bankruptcy, the low man/men on the totem pole get diddly-squat, or at most a couple of pennies on the dollar. This is likely your case. That is, if the previous company(s) declared bankruptcy. It's a loss.

But hey, if you have a letterhead (or whatever) stating they owe you and will pay you back, then great. If the CCTS got involved (which I am surprised considering it was a diff company name) then even better for you.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to kjhrfsd87

said by kjhrfsd87 :

So, even though Skynet provides mostly business service that you probably have never even inquired about and besides the fact that they have never indicated on this site or their site that they are a 'bogus' company providing 'non-existent services to non-existent customers' that makes them a scam as well?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to jhutchington

The cable-gator domain is hiding behind a privacy screen with an address on Mowat Ave in Liberty Vilage.

cablegator is registered to someone in Kitchener.

Poor Guy

@start.ca

From their Live Chat: LOL !

Sam
Hi, how can we help you today? =)

You (click to change)
can u provide me traceroutes for your cable service to couple of IPs, i am thinking about switching to you guys

Sam
Yeah sure

You (click to change)
1) google.com , 2) yahoo.com 3) microsoft.com, thanks

Sam
Let me ask my technical team plz

You (click to change)
no problem
any update?

Sam
just a sec
we have a fast traceroute with multiple ip's
99.9% uptime

You (click to change)
can i get traceroute output?

Sam
ok
Sam has left the chat, but don't worry. We will still be able to retrieve any messages you leave behind.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to jhutchington

I'd heard somebody say that they were from Chebucto NB. Guess what ... Chebucto is a Peninsula in NS between St Margarets bay and Halifax Harbour!

Clearly someone who doesn't know his geography of down east ... who's for betting this "company" is very close the centre of the universe! Sorry Toronto!

Unhappy1

@Dal.Ca
reply to elwoodblues

What does this mean? Sorry, I'm not so savvy when it comes to these sorts of things.

They apparently have offices in Chebecto New Brunswick, which is where I spoke to one of their "CEO's". His name was John Banks. He's the one who gave me his "personal Blackberry number" and told me to call anytime I want if I had any problems with receiving my refund. I wasn't at all surprised when I called that number a few days after he gave it to me, only to get the message that it was out of service.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to sbrook

CCTS lists them as being at the URL that doesn't work:
»www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/ser···roviders

What I would do, if I had the time, is contact the CCTS to find out if there's been a URL change (let them call and fix their broken links they give to the public) for this company. And if so for the CCTS to fix it.

Otherwise the other website is a scam site in my eyes and is there solely to rip people off.

If no one can bother to drop the CCTS an Email or call to verify, I'll do it tomorrow. It also has me curious what the CCTS says.

LostTheGame

join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

They have been notified

Unhappy1

@eastlink.ca

Just checked CCTS website and it shows their listing for Cablegator is now pointing Cablegator's new website link.

Unhappy1

@eastlink.ca
reply to hm

CCTS actually emailed me today to give me a status update on my complaint and I informed them of Cablegator's website change. So they do know at this point.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Unhappy1

said by Unhappy1 :

Just checked CCTS website and it shows their listing for Cablegator is now pointing Cablegator's new website link.

Wow that was fast. When I wrote the above it was still the dead one.

Get the feeling someone from the CCTS watches this forum... Or it's all coincidence.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by hm :

said by Unhappy1 :

Wow that was fast. When I wrote the above it was still the dead one.

Get the feeling someone from the CCTS watches this forum... Or it's all coincidence.

CRTC employees have viewed this forum.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP