how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

damn
Premium
join:2002-10-23
nyc

Got a package stolen. Have a video but the plate is unclear.

Click for full size
Click for full size
downloadTEMP.zip 4,605,850 bytes
Frame-by-frame

Not sure if right forum, move if neccessary.

Just had my package stolen (again). This time I put up a crappy security camera which captured it all, but unfortunately the plate is very unclear. Can someone make some Photoshop magic so that I could go to my local PD with it?

Here's whole thing on Youtube but the video is stretched for some reason.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7lXuFpjUI

Raw file from DVR - »dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4172···0400.264
You will need this player to play it - »dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4172···1_15.exe

Thanks for any help in advance!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast

There are a number of video enhancement programs that claim they can raise video quality but I don't believe it's technically possible. If there is a way to do it, it must be a trade secret?

I tried enhancing a few of the pics from your zip file but there's just not enough to work with, sorry.

You can ask over at »Digital Imaging or maybe someone will chime in here that has expertise in this area.
--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
reply to damn

said by damn:

Not sure if right forum, move if neccessary.

Just had my package stolen (again). This time I put up a crappy security camera which captured it all, but unfortunately the plate is very unclear. Can someone make some Photoshop magic so that I could go to my local PD with it?

Here's whole thing on Youtube but the video is stretched for some reason.

(youtube clip)
file from DVR - »dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4172···0400.264
You will need this player to play it - »dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4172···1_15.exe

Thanks for any help in advance!

Can't really help on the enhancement side, however did you try setting the camera to D1 and the bitrate to High? D1 is higher quality than CIF or HD1, so try changing that from the menu in the dvr.
EDIT: I just quickly looked, and here is a software, with a free 30 day trial(comes with a watermark in the video though). »www.manifest-tech.com/media_pc/vreveal.htm
Try it and see if it works.
--
No Victim=No Crime

mythology
Premium
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC
reply to damn

Enhance!

Press Ctrl & + at the same time 4 or five times when viewing the photo.