All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

54067323 (banned) to iLearn

to iLearn

Re: Extension Ladder Question - How big?

said by iLearn:

This dude is my hero. I bet hes got balls of steel.

And no brains to match, heck he doesn't even maintain three points on that ladder, what a jerk!!!
iLearn
join:2013-01-16
canada

iLearn

said by 54067323:

said by iLearn:

This dude is my hero. I bet hes got balls of steel.

And no brains to match, heck he doesn't even maintain three points on that ladder, what a jerk!!!

It almost seems like whatever agency came up with this 3 points on the ladder rule did this because they could not go any more than 3 points - its the max. Like if it was 4 points then how would you climb the ladder?

I mean at, say 15-20 feet off the ground, it doest really matter if you are following the 3 point rule or if you are an octopus with 8 legs/hands and giving your full at 7 point rule - if you fall, you are going down - nothing with save you

This dude on the video above proves my point

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

If you need to work with your hands free on a ladder; you need to learn the leg lock... Google it. Lol

Seriously though, it's a technique firefighters use to stay secured on a ladder while working with our hands. Takes a bit of practice to get good at, but very effective.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 91pj7ygg

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

If you need to work with your hands free on a ladder; you need to learn the leg lock... Google it. Lol

Seriously though, it's a technique firefighters use to stay secured on a ladder while working with our hands. Takes a bit of practice to get good at, but very effective.

You learned that very quick using the wooden "A" frame ladders common with Electrical Construction and Repair before power lifts came on scene.

With the center straight section extended all the way up and straddling the top rung with one leg on each side was an experience.
Not only that they were very heavy.