insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

2013 Chicago Cubs

Tried to make a new post in Jon's thread from January, but it wouldn't let me because it was too old...

I'm really trying to give a damn about this year's team, but the bullpen (or lack thereof) is making it pretty hard. Marmol and Fujikawa aren't going to cut it. I'm surprised they pulled off a win today after Fujikawa blew the save.

So yeah, another year, another round of "when are we getting a bullpen?".

A co-worker sent me this, if you're interested in seeing who we might have in the pipeline: »www.baseballamerica.com/ ··· 739.html

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

I'm willing to bet by the end of the year some of those other 100 that aren't in the Cubs system will be.

I think Theo and Jed brought in some guys like Jackson and a few others of marginal quality, but are great role players during a playoff run. They are going to have a fire sale around the deadline and we will have a stocked system.

I think Jackson, Garza, Marmol, DeJesus, Hairston and possibly Soriano will be gone by the end of the season and if Jackson doesn't go this year he'll be gone next.

They will have a core like the Yankees did for the last 17 years.
Rizzo, Castro, Baez, Soler, Barney and Samardzija and a few that they draft and trade for.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

Fujikawa on the 15-day DL means we get to see more Marmol. Only thing that got us out of the 8th today was the Giants swinging at Marmol's pitches in the dirt.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
Baseball stats are a funny thing. Fujifawa blows the Save but notches a Win, Marmol gives up two runs in the opener and his ERA goes down.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
unreal

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
One strike away from a win, but a blown save. Followed by another Cub who, not being trained to bunt, grounds into a double play in the bottom of the ninth.
cubs4eva
Premium Member
join:2004-04-29
Aurora, IL

cubs4eva

Premium Member

That was annoying too being scolded by Len and Jim about why bunting in that situation was a bad idea. Castro inevitably grounds into a double play and Jim is saying something to the effect of "Hindsight is 20/20" while I've been screaming at the TV for over a minute!