uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

[MLB] A-Rod accused of covering up his drug use

Alex Rodriquez accused of covering up his drug use by buying up closed clinic health records that fed illegal drugs to athletes.

»www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/sport···&ei=5065

Investigators for Major League Baseball have uncovered what they believe is evidence that a representative of Alex Rodriguez purchased medical records from a person connected to a South Florida anti-aging clinic that is suspected of providing performance-enhancing drugs to a number of major leaguers, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The article also stated that one major league player had also purchased clinic documents from a former clinic employee so that they could be destroyed. That player was not identified until Friday, when the two people said it was Rodriguez, the 37-year-old Yankees third baseman currently rehabilitating from off-season hip surgery.

A spokesman for Rodriguez flatly denied the accusation Friday.

Miami New Times, reported that it had obtained medical records from the clinic that tied half a dozen players — Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez, Bartolo Colon, Nelson Cruz and Yasmani Grandal — to the use of banned substances like human growth hormone.

More records then emerged that tied other players, including Ryan Braun, to the clinic. In turn, many of the named players, including Rodriguez and Braun, denied obtaining any banned substances from the clinic.

Though A-Rod is out on injury rehab, if this proceeds it could result in his being suspended from the Yankees for many games.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
If this is true he's done with baseball and could get him banned from the Hall of Fame.
--
Grats to Louisville! Football season is only 4 months away and we start in the ACC.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to FFH5
I wouldnt be surprised

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
reply to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

If this is true he's done with baseball and could get him banned from the Hall of Fame.

As long as Bonds doesnt get in, neither does A-Rod.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Jackarino
said by Jackarino:

I wouldn't be surprised

Neither would I...

The Shadow
Premium
join:2013-04-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FFH5
MLB is an American institution. It was the first major and only giant professional sport in our history. There is a reason why it's called the "National Pastime."

It is very sad about the level steroid and other PED use. Of all the US team sports it has the worse history and reputation in checking for punishing for PED or substance abuse.

Remember MLB invented the "Steve Howe" banned for life punishment. How many times was he suspened for life.

I hope they really clean things up as they move forward.