Search similar:

uniqs

dlarkin_dc
join:2009-08-24
Alexandria, VA

1 edit

dlarkin_dc

[VA] Netflix SuperHD gone live in NoVA

Just to post that the SuperHD is up in NoVA... but seeing a few glitches in the picture per hour.

Now we have to keep an eye on my usage meter.
jayde
join:2012-06-10

jayde

Does Cox really expect us not to go over 400GB with SuperHD? The cap really needs to be increased to something modest like 1TB, at least

We went over our cap by 30GB last month. Netflix, streaming music, downloading games + updates, streaming game play, voip, etc -- it all really adds up when there are multiple people on the network.
VentShop
join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK
ARRIS CM8200
(Software) OPNsense
Netgear R8000

VentShop

Honestly since the Netflix box is within the Cox network when receiving SuperHD the transfers should be exempt from any bandwidth caps whatsoever. I can understand wanting to have people be mindful of transfer when they are using the external lines outside of the network and pulling down huge transfer amounts per month but why would you hound people when the transfers are effectively internal.

My plan is to watch all the Netflix I want and when they bug me about it I am gonna call em on it.
Needleinthha
join:2009-11-30
Chandler, AZ

Needleinthha

While I agree completely that data within the cox network shouldnt count against caps, especially netflix now that they've increased the amount of data it uses. You could argue that data inside the cox network still costs money as well as it can still saturate a node and necessitate node splits, etc. But it seems like they'd much rather have data coming from within their own network than clogging up their peering points.
said by VentShop:

My plan is to watch all the Netflix I want and when they bug me about it I am gonna call em on it.

Riiight, cuz they're really going to say "wow, you're so right! now that you said that, go ahead disregard data caps for data in the cox network!". Instead they will just end up disconnecting you or making you upgrade to business line after a certain number of warnings just like everyone else

The first year tech on the phone isn't going to care nor be able to do anything about it. Of course they know that it's BS but it makes them money and we don't really have any choices/competition so there aint nothing we can do about it but keep paying their ever-raising rates.