nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to StuartMW

Mod

to StuartMW

Re: Microsoft KB2823324 causing issues

For all of that, I am still not sure whether to uninstall.

I have not run into any problems.

As best I can tell, Microsoft has not called a news conference to tell the world to uninstall this.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

howieh

MVM

I had it installed and had no problems. Then I followed the recommendation to uninstall and now I can't get Norton Ghost backup software to run without errors. It may just be a coincidence. The OS is Win7 32.

javaMan
The Dude abides.
MVM
join:2002-07-15
San Luis Obispo, CA

javaMan to nwrickert

MVM

to nwrickert
said by nwrickert:

As best I can tell, Microsoft has not called a news conference to tell the world to uninstall this.

Agree. I haven't had any issues either. I don't have any of the third party software installed that are apparently causing the concerns so perhaps that is why. I guess I'll leave until I run into some unexplained issue.
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo to nwrickert

to nwrickert
said by nwrickert:

For all of that, I am still not sure whether to uninstall. ...

Here you go. Not a news conference, but a blog post.
»blogs.technet.com/b/msrc ··· sue.aspx
"Contrary to some reports, the system errors do not result in any data loss nor affect all Windows customers. However, all customers who have installed security update 2823324 should follow the guidance that we have provided in KB2839011 to uninstall it."

The way I interpret that is "all" customers. So I got rid of the update. The issue that was being attempted to be fixed wasn't remotely exploitable anyway.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

1 recommendation

nwrickert

Mod

said by Frodo:

Here you go. Not a news conference, but a blog post.

That's not the same thing.

If removing is really important, they would have a news conference. If it is only a blog post, then it can't all that important.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to nwrickert

Premium Member

to nwrickert
said by nwrickert:

Ditto. I have it installed and have not encountered these issues others have reported.