spc
Search similar:

uniqs

audiodan
@charter.com

audiodan

Anon

Change to DSL from cable (Charter)

I am looking to make a change from Charter to Fusion. Is there a way to see what my speeds would be like ahead of time? I understand that loop length matters. Is that info available anywhere?

Thanks

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Unfortunately, the answer to your first question is "not really". If you call up AT&T, you might be able to get your phone line's loop length, and then I could give you a *rough* estimate. In addition to loop length, you also have to take into account the condition of the line (including its cable gauge), so even knowing the loop length isn't a 100% foolproof yardstick to predict what your speed is going to be.
musteq
join:2013-04-13

musteq to audiodan

to audiodan
If I get fusion and it fails utterly on the internet side, but operates like a champ on the phone side, do I have the option of keeping the phone service without the internet?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Unfortunately not. As the name suggests, it's a package deal with the two services 'fused' together; can't have one without the other.
musteq
join:2013-04-13

musteq

I appreciate the honesty. It may be worth a try anyway. $50/mo. internet is just insane. Thanks for your help.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Np. One thing you may want to try is to try prequalifying on our website for regular (non-Fusion) DSL, and see what sort of speeds you could get on regular DSL. Generally, you should be able to get at least those same speeds on Fusion.

I say 'generally' because there's a chance that you might be connected to a Remote Terminal in your area, and the Remote Terminal grants you X speed, while our Fusion service connects you to a Central Office which is further away than this hypothetical Remote Terminal. Not a very common occurrence, but technically possible.