spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sparek
join:2002-06-10
united state

sparek

DishNet Internet Usage Report

Is anybody using DishNet for Internet service? I'm not seeing any reported usage, either online in the MyDish portal or via the modem. Just wondering if this is a bug? Is DishNet not counting usage yet? I'm reluctant to mention anything because I kind of like not having to worry about usage, but also just curious as to why it's not showing any usage.

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Wasn't sure which forum to post it in, but DishNet is essentially HughesNet, perhaps branded differently.)

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

There has been so much "Bundling" lately who knows who is in the sack with who...this week.
Now you got people responding to adds from Verizon, or is it Frontier, for "High Speed Internet" and getting blessed with Hughesnet Gen$4.

yolarry
join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV

2 edits

yolarry to sparek

to sparek
Weird thing...
I been jamming with Spotify radio for the past 2 days and download 12GB of stuff from 2am-11am (according to modem it changed! instead of 2am to 8am)

I made it down to 95 and jump back to 100%. I am very confused. I still skiddish like I still with the HN7000S

Weird...
sparek
join:2002-06-10
united state

sparek

I'm not really sure where Frontier falls in with this. I'm not familiar with them.

I'm referring to Dish Network's relatively new satellite broadband offering:

»www.dish.com/entertainme ··· internet

Suppose to get 5GB anytime and 5GB during off-peak hours, but it's not reporting any usage at all.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

From the looks of the wording Dish is reselling Hughesnet Gen4.

The plan sizes are different at 5,10 & 15 GB vs. the 10,15 & 20 direct from Hughes.

As to your usage not changing...Hughes seems to have a real mess on their hands with Gen4.

They have been replenishing every-ones Anytime allowance for the first 10 days or so of service.

Due to "issues" they have, thus far not been counting Bonus bytes at all.

There have been reports of people getting replenished daily while others are seeing their allowance drop with nothing connected.

Have you looked at the "Official Hughes Forum" ?
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· t/topics

My reference to Frontier was a gripe on my part that the phone company (Frontier) instead of expanding DSL service is offering Hughesnet.

yolarry
Creston, WV

yolarry to sparek

to sparek
So after 3 days of exploring the HT1000 modem. I found this quite interesting. It says I have 9.8GB. Well according to the system info. I'm unlimited but its not even close to 2am.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

That always says "unlimited" try clicking on where it says "frontier communications" top left corner.

yolarry
Creston, WV

yolarry to sparek

to sparek
I guess frontier give me resets for 2 weeks then finally... I'm not so lucky lol

Now my mood back to blah like I had before with the HN7000S. No problems so far..still getting decent speeds
waytim
join:2011-12-01
Sterling, MI

waytim

The unlimited time has been extended from 2-11am, another 3 hours, due to the 3 hour time changes across the US, until they figure out how to account for the PST, EST time differences. At least that's what a rep said.

Also, frontier had been resetting me for 4 months.. and now I've went this whole month with no reset, so it looks like they've put the hammer down.

yolarry
Creston, WV

yolarry to sparek

to sparek
4 months? lucky. Hopefully next month it resets some how it drop to 78% while I was away. I pretty sure my computer not doing any updates or anything.. weird..