uniqs
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44

Re: When will we be able to watch all Phils games in HD?

When I downgraded my service a few months ago, they renewed my contract. It saved me like $70 a month so it was well worth it.

Is the early termination fee $360? I can't seem to confirm it.

thanks
Acct101

Acct101

Premium Member

I am switching on Saturday. I am paying the same as I am with Fios and getting a lot more channels, an whole house DVR and no contract. I also suspended my Fios account for 9 months so I don't have to pay the early termination fee for a while. My point was not to post poem that charge, but to insure it would be easy for me to jump back if I did not like Comcast or if Fios added more channels.

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5

I recently looked at Comcast just to see if I was still getting the best value with FiOS. I have the triple play with Ultimate HD, 75/35 and phone and my package is $160/mo. So I compared it with Comcast's HD Premier, Blast 50, and phone as it was the closest comparable package @ $150/mo. It also includes a $300 prepaid card.

I found that Comcast's HD Premier package would give me less HD channels and slower internet with a cap. I would gain a few HD channels that FiOS doesn't have, like TCN, but at the same time I'd lose ones that Comcast doesn't have, like EPIX. Comcast's price would also increase to be $200+ after 12 months (it's in the fine print) where my current FiOS price is Verizon's non-promo rate. I'm sure if I call VZ and threaten to switch I could get them to match Comcast's promo price and take $10 off.

In the end for me it just wouldn't be worth switching to Comcast for the package I subscribe to. But I hope for you everything works out well and you'll finally get TCN in HD!
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

I will say, my Fios experience had some bumps in the road, but overall It was a good experience. I didn't do a contract with Comcast (or get the gift card) as I wanted to keep my option open to moving back to Fios if they ever expand the channel lineup.

I will let you know how it works out.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

When I downgraded my service a few months ago, they renewed my contract. It saved me like $70 a month so it was well worth it.

Is the early termination fee $360? I can't seem to confirm it.

thanks

Should be in the paperwork you received. I believe ETF is pro-rated over the life of the contract.