All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to Scilicet

to Scilicet

Re: [WIN7] Can you change the icon on individual .cmd files?

I still don't understand why CMD files would be needed. Shortcuts work fine and there is no need to make a shortcut to a CMD file either.

If and when I need to use a CMD file, I create a LNK to it so that I can start it minimized and not get that ugly black window flash up.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 recommendation

OZO

Premium Member

said by LLigetfa:

I still don't understand why CMD files would be needed. Shortcuts work fine and there is no need to make a shortcut to a CMD file either.

If and when I need to use a CMD file, I create a LNK to it so that I can start it minimized and not get that ugly black window flash up.

There could be many, many different reasons, why one wants to do that. Here is just one example. If I want to run browser with dynamic profile (to guarantee my privacy protection) I may want to create (copy) profile in temporary place, launch the browser, pointing to that profile, use it as needed, close the browser and then BAT file will remove that temporary profile folder. Here you can find example of BAT file, doing exactly that. And BTW, you can easily hide that "ugly black window flash up" if you want too. Linked page mentions utility (CMDH), that will help you to do that