spc
Search similar:

uniqs

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

Asus N66U vs. N66R

Ok so Im comparing the above mentioned asus models, the only difference that I was able to find was the cloud service, is there anything else that is different? Is the N66R an older version or vice versa? Im looking at these as I need to upgrade my router in preparation to go to Turbo.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

Essentially the same hardware, different packaging/marketing. I believe the N66R is available at Best Buy.
Bulls729
join:2007-05-03
Kissimmee, FL
Netgear CM1000
Asus RT-AX58

Bulls729

said by John97:

Essentially the same hardware, different packaging/marketing. I believe the N66R is available at Best Buy.

This is correct, the "R" only denotes that is was sold through Best Buy. Same with the AC66U and AC66R (The step up from the N66).

Bacail
join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL

Bacail to geo44

to geo44
I got the R from bestbuy. ITS A BEAST. you'll love that router.

Best Buy does that with a lot of things so you cant pricematch from other stores because its not the "same model" sneaky bastards
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Bacail:

Best Buy does that with a lot of things so you cant pricematch from other stores because its not the "same model" sneaky bastards

I think I would have waited an extra day and purchased it off Amazon and saved the tax.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44

Its just that if something goes wrong ,its a pain to ship back . Then you have to wait weeks for a replacement. At the store you just walk in and your done.
Its been too many times Ive got something and its been dead right out of the box.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geo44:

Its just that if something goes wrong ,its a pain to ship back . Then you have to wait weeks for a replacement. At the store you just walk in and your done.
Its been too many times Ive got something and its been dead right out of the box.

No with Amazon you just box it up put the label on (its prepaid) and send it back and they credit your card in two days...in meantime go ahead and order replacement And its never any questions asked...

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by geo44:

No with Amazon you just box it up put the label on (its prepaid) and send it back and they credit your card in two days...in meantime go ahead and order replacement And its never any questions asked...

Amazon Prime FTW

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to geo44

to geo44
WOW I have the Asus RT-N66U I had no idea there was a N66R Model. All I can tell you is my Asus RT-N66U (Tomato Shibby FW) is a powerful Beast and my connection is flawless in every aspect. My Second Router in my other part of the house is a ASUS RT-N56U (Padavan FW) (Thanks Gary for your recommendation) I would recommend either one of these wireless routers to anyone

Bacail
join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL

Bacail to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Bacail:

I think I would have waited an extra day and purchased it off Amazon and saved the tax.

Oh, we gonna go there Gary? As to WHY i purchased the router in the first place?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to geo44

Premium Member

to geo44
lol (whistles)