PaulR7
join:2012-04-12
Amherstburg, ON

PaulR7

Custom rack install for home network.

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I'll start off by saying my network isn't like most of the pictures I've seen in the forum, but it serves my purpose. I seen everyone else's posts and wanted to share. Please don't mind the walls, it's in my unfinished laundry room.

I've been looking to install a small rack in my house for a little while, to clean things up. I recently picked up a new Gigabit switch, which I wanted to rack mount, and will be picking up new gear as I can afford it.

The rack frame is made out of 1" x 1" steel and welded together. I drilled the holes right into the frame instead of buying rack rails. I only did enough for 3 x 1U units and left the bottom for my servers.

Picture 1: shows the rack with all the equipment.

Picture 2: Shows my Linksys WRT54GL, Linksys SPA2102, and Cisco DCP3000 for Internet. Under that is my Cisco SLM2048.

Picture 3: Shows my Gateway 9210 Server R0, and a custom built POS that the power supply is shot and wont run right now.

The Gateway is my everything server currently. Currently it has my torrent server which I can use the web based ui to connect to from any computer and download, it also stores all downloads onto a share for my apple tv to access. On top of that, it runs my mysql database and a web server.

Future updates will be to switch out the WRT54GL with a cisco router, once I find one that can handle what I want it to do, and I can afford. I will then put in a Cisco Wireless b,g,N AP, or a Ubiquiti Unifi AP. Any help picking out new equipment is always appreciated.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Nice.

Zorack
join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV

Zorack to PaulR7

to PaulR7
Nice and homemade too,I like this one too

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939 to PaulR7

Premium Member

to PaulR7
The Cisco AP's require a bit of work to configure if your not familiar with their enterprise hardware. The Ubiquiti's are a lot more user friendly, and have a GUI if I do recall.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to PaulR7

to PaulR7
My vote would be ubiquiti. Nice, solid product made for business but at consumer pricing. Especially nice when you have several of them and save a bunch of time making changes.