All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

Rogers Goes to an all new low redirecting phone call to tech

Here is a new all time low for Rogers! Redirecting My Phone Calls to their entire switchboard to their credit office. So I had cancelled my Cell phone a couple of months ago and I found out on Friday that they had made a mistake and split my bills off accept I was not being billed... Apparently there is over $400 in fees on this account I had no clue about or any awareness about.

So I tried talking to them and they told me we will need 48 business hours to fix it for you we are sorry and please have the money ready.. WAIT WHAT??? Have the money ready for your mistakes? Well you had the service TRUE BUT there was no receipt of sales... Anyways long story short I will still have to pay the bill this is Robers...

Anyways my Elderly Landlord needed help with her TV. Over the last few days she has been getting some nasty spikes on her digital TV. This sort of makes sense since I been getting really bad random speed dropouts as well on my Internet.

So I helped her out and was calling Rogers for her on her Phone... Well if you think Rogers had some kind of disability before.... They direct the phone call to the credit dept that is closed.... We even tried on the older direct tech support lines and once again it auto sends her right to this credit debt...

They are redirecting all her calls and my calls on our numbers just for being in the same house...

WOW Just WOW... I felt like sharing this new low with you guys. I can't believe I can't even help her out and I feel responsible yet I'm not but Rogers will give 2 shits about it and look at me like I was at fault here when their nice billing system could not even send me a bill and no it was not on my Online billing either....

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth

File a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada(for the redirect of her phone to the billing department).
»www.priv.gc.ca/complaint ··· ex_e.asp

Commissioner for complaints for telecommunication services.
»www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/

And soon along will come a Rogers employee here who will deny that they 'accidentally' tie together bills that are at the same address.

Make sure your LandLady checks her monthly Rogers bills for extra billing that would be for 'your service'.

It has happened before to people and most probably will happen again.
Rogers best excuse for the billing tie together is about billing fraud and a 'group of renters' not paying bills, then the service gets shut down, then the next roommate gets a 'new service' to avoid bills from the other renter in the group.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to TechChime

to TechChime
I think what you're saying is they accidentally consolidated someone else's account with yours and now you're being charged for their services in which case it is a major privacy violation and you and the other person who's account got merged with yours could sue.

Although, redirecting phone calls to credit operations when there is severe delinquency is a normal practice for Rogers, and perfectly acceptable IMO if the account is legitimately past due.
yyzlhr

yyzlhr to humanfilth

to humanfilth
said by humanfilth:

It has happened before to people and most probably will happen again.
Rogers best excuse for the billing tie together is about billing fraud and a 'group of renters' not paying bills, then the service gets shut down, then the next roommate gets a 'new service' to avoid bills from the other renter in the group.

That's not the reason why. The only time bills get grouped together with people who are unrelated is just incompetence by Rogers reps.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000

Premium Member

What about when they are related? I was completely shocked to find out that my father was the account holder for my cell phone service when I tried to make a change to it a couple of years ago. Instead of owning up to their mistake they did their best to call me a liar, tell me that I must have forgotten him cosigning on my account, tell me that it was his account all along among other things.

Even when they acknowledged their mistake they insisted on having my father's permission to switch the account back in my name. After that they insisted on putting me through the procedure of getting a new account to put it back in my name (credit check). When I initially refused to allow that they said they couldn't change it back. They only relented when my father pointed out that since they wouldn't acknowledge their service contract with me, and that they didn't actually have one with him then they would be receiving no more money.

After all of that it took a supervisor to override their requirement for a credit check.

Rogers has no good excuse for this. They have no legal right to merge people's accounts and I'm certain that it violates PIPEDA.