All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt to brianiscool

to brianiscool

Re: Fios Flex View Scam, Criminal or Fair?

Good lesson. NEVER buy flex view content. If you want to buy streaming content do it from VUDU which you can access wherever you have internet be it fios or someone else. Of course there is no guarantee that vudu will be around forever but there is a much better chance then with FioS and limited coverage area.

-Ken
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

said by kenwvt:

Good lesson. NEVER buy flex view content. If you want to buy streaming content do it from VUDU which you can access wherever you have internet be it fios or someone else. Of course there is no guarantee that vudu will be around forever but there is a much better chance then with FioS and limited coverage area.

-Ken

The issue is that the OP believes he can continue using his DVR after cancelling service. The DVR is deactived when you cancel. But your Flex View purchases are available, forever, via your My Verizon account. Again, you don't have to remain a FiOS customer (either TV or internet) to continue watching stuff you bought through Flex View.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by JPL:

... The DVR is deactived when you cancel. ...

...and must be returned or there is a non-trivial equipment charge.

Note that the OP joined the forum the day they posted and have not been heard from since even though people have responded with good information.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Im gonna screw with the two of you and rename my handle to LPJ

PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by ITALIAN926:

Im gonna screw with the two of you and rename my handle to LPJ

Your post cracked me up. JPL and I had a chat a few years ago about the similarity of our screen names because we often mistook the other's posts for ours. That no longer happens for fortunately.

A hint: think initials when you see our respective screen names.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

Yep. I guess I could just go with my last name or something - won't give it here, but trust me... it would be unique. And, ironically, something... Italian .
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

My initials are somewhat unique, as well. Many friends call me by them. Some call me by my actual first name. In middle school and High School, i hated people calling me by my first name and not my initials. Now i dont care at all.

However it is not a nickname for a longer full name that people have.

Are you now intrigued at what my name is? Scratching ones chin hairs, Lol
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to kenwvt

to kenwvt
said by kenwvt:

-Ken

]
With flexview, you can download to your computer and keep what you buy forever. Can't do that with the other streaming services (at least none that I have heard of).
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

You can download your purchases from Amazon Instant using their Unbox program and iTunes (which has turned into a streaming service).