spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

td4

join:2013-04-14
Gilbert, AZ

[Prism TV] PrismTV: Possible to set DVR recording priority?

With our Cox box there was a specific menu where you could set series recording priority.

Is there a similar menu for PrismTV DVRs?

------
A little background:

So we recently got setup with CenturyLink PrismTV here in Gilbert, AZ.

We were originally told that we could record on 4 channels at once, but after installation the tech told us that we were actually going to be limited to 3 channels at a time due to the distance from our house to the node.

No big deal I thought.

But twice now I have missed recording something that was important to me because of having too many series set to record at a time.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

If Prism is using the same version of Microsoft MediaRoom that AT&T U-Verse is using, yes you can set priorities on Series recordings

U-Verse is using client version 2.1.2512.10 (this information can be retrieved under menu --> options --> system options --> system information page (at least via the U-Verse MediaRoom client)

Under the U-Verse MediaRoom client version, series priority is set by going Menu --> Recordings --> Series. At the top of the Series page is an option for Series priority, and from there you can move series up or down in priority

If memory serves this option was added in one of the later MediaRoom client upgrades on U-Verse. If Prism has not upgraded to a more recent MediaRoom version, that option may not yet be present

*Disclaimer* I have never touched nor seen Prism, but as both Prism and U-Verse run Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software, there are many similarities between the GUI of the two products, as well as similarities in the functionality as well

td4

Gilbert, AZ

My system info says:
TV2 client version: 2.1.2295.100 (RELEASE)
Platform OS/Version: WinCE/5.0.1400
Bootstrap ROM version: 1.1062
Set-Top Box / CPU: MOTOROLA VIP 1232 / 297

So it looks they're using an older version. When I got to Recorded TV --> Series there are no further options, and when I select a particular series it gives me no options to change its priority.

So apparently it's not possible to to with PrismTV. What a joke!

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

said by td4:

My system info says:
TV2 client version: 2.1.2295.100 (RELEASE)
Bootstrap ROM version: 1.1062
Set-Top Box / CPU: MOTOROLA VIP 1232 / 297

So it looks they're using an older version. When I got to Recorded TV --> Series there are no further options, and when I select a particular series it gives me no options to change its priority.

So apparently it's not possible to to with PrismTV. What a joke!

Not possible yet.

The next MediaRoom update CenturyLink does should have the option.

If memory serves, it was a MediaRoom update this winter that allowed the priority option on AT&T U-Verse

For comparison:
TV2 client version: 2.1.2512.10 (RELEASE)
Bootstrap ROM version: 1.1505
Set Top Box / CPU: CISCO IPN330HD-SG-A / 297

(I'm in a Cisco U-Verse market - in Motorola U-Verse markets they use the same model Motorola VIP equipment you have with Prism)

td4

Gilbert, AZ

Thank for the info ILpt4U.

Seems odd that they wouldn't have rolled this functionality out to customers if it already exists.

... changing the topic a bit ...

Have you ever had problems with some of your recorded shows giving garbled/stalled video during fast-forwarding / rewinding?

Some of my recordings do this and so you can't tell where you're at in the program except for based on the timeline progress bar. As soon as I hit play the video clears up and plays normally at whatever point I'm at in the program.

Not sure if it's a MOTOROLA VIP 1232 / 297, problem, a WinCE problem, or a client 2.1.2295.100 problem. But when I used to live in San Antonio and had U-Verse I never had the problem at all.

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL

I have ran into the issue before

Do you experience it on the actual DVR receiver, or only on the standard "client"/networked non-DVR receivers?

And does it do it on all speeds rewind/fast forward (2 arrow up to 5 arrow)?

td4

Gilbert, AZ

Happens on the main unit. Haven't used my little non-DVR client unit much yet.

I'm pretty sure it happens at all fast forward speeds too.

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Interesting...

If I had to guess it is probably some type of buffer issue, either with the Motorola equipment and/or the MediaRoom version CenturyLink is using

I just tried it on mine and it was pretty clear

If it is doing it on the DVR receiver itself it pretty much eliminates the possibility of any LAN issues

And since we have the same WinCE version, probably not that either

But that is a bit of a stab in the dark, admittedly

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to td4

td,

we understand how frustrating service issues can be and would like to help. Please send account details and the best number for our team to reach you at via email to talktous@centurylink.com

Regards,
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by CenturyLink:

td,

we understand how frustrating service issues can be and would like to help. Please send account details and the best number for our team to reach you at via email to talktous@centurylink.com

Regards,
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team

Cool to see CenturyLink has an online Social Media Support team too... The AT&T version has helped me out before, and countless others as well, at this site & around the internet

Good to see companies reach out to help customers! =)