spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LeTimmy

@pppoe.ca

Not a good start from Acanac.

I'll just post my email to them as apparently it's impossible to speak with a Manager. Let's see if they take responsibility and fix this hookup issue.

Please forward this to a manager.

I am supposed to have internet hooked up today April 15th between 8-11am. I have my DSL service from TekSaavy disconnecting today.

How on earth do you think it's acceptable business practice to send an email 1 business day before my service is to be hooked up asking me to call you?

If this clarification you needed with Rogers was important enough to delay my internet hookup by 24-72 hours why aren't you picking up the phone and calling me on Friday. If anyone on my company sales or customer service team sent out an email to one of our customers with something important as this and didn't follow up with a phone call I would have fired him without hesitation. This is not how businesses communicate with their customers.

There is no issue with my address. This is how i'm listed with the post office. I also indicated on my initial order that it was the top floor on the questionnaire. If there was an issue why wasn't this addressed much earlier so as to not disrupt my service order? An email at 4:30pm on Friday is absurd.

I have a home based office and rely on internet to conduct business throughout the day. What's even more infuriating is that you are now telling me you can't have someone out here today and maybe not even tomorrow. That is unacceptable. You guys dropped the ball here and you need to fix it and have a Rogers technician here immediately. I cannot go days without internet.

This is a real bad start to our relationship. I switched my service from Teksaavy to join your service.

Here is my contact info:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a manager call me immediately to discuss how this is going to be resolved quickly.

Best regards,

Tim

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
Did you email this to support LeTimmy?

LeTimmy

@teksavvy.com
I did. Here is my response and their response.

Caroll:

As of this evening I will not have any internet service (thanks to Acanac) as yours was replacing my current DSL service. Please make a note on the account to NOT email me any communique but to pick up the phone and call me with the date/time the technician will be arriving.

Which brings up another thought about how poor Acanac's communication practices are with their customers. How the hell are they expected to read emails for say New User accounts when service hasn't been hooked up?

Tim

Timothy Monaghan

Hello,

We submitted your information, and an appointment remains to be confirmed.

We will update the status of this ticket as soon as we are advised.

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards, Acanac Inc. 1-866-281-3538 ext: 1

Rate this ticket: Helpful Not Helpful
Ticket ID: FJZ-42392
Tracking URL: Click Here
Department: Cable scheduling and moving requests
Created On: 12 Apr 2013 04:29 PM
Last Update: 15 Apr 2013 11:39 AM

LeTimmy

join:2013-04-16
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to LeTimmy
24 Hours and still no reply from a Manager per my request at feedback@acanac.com.

I feel like I'm on a candid camera show about providing the worst customer experience possible.

This company is a joke. These guys make Rogers and Bell seem extremely competent.

LeTimmy

@teksavvy.com
reply to LeTimmy

Re: Not a good start from Acanac. updated: Worst company ever

And this gets even friggin worse. I spent over an hour speaking with their CSR's today. They won't provide a Manager's name. One CSR "Romona" hung up on me after 20 minutes on the phone (intentional or not) I had to reiterate my whole situation again with another CSR Keinia.

So apparently they don't work at their corporate office at 1650 Dundas St E. #204 in Mississauga. This would explain why I can't speak to a Manager and why they won't provide a Manager's name. They probably dont have the ability to transfers calls and are probably on some ticket system. All these CSR's are working virtually and probably from home. They won't even get a Manager to call me back. This is how crazy this situation is with this company.

Now because my service technician didnt show up yesterday their only response to me is that I will have an email confirmation of the scheduled time within 72 hours. An email... I HAVE NO INTERNET SERVICE.... and secondly ... Im back in a queue because of their screwup ... I ordered this service on April 1st. It is now April 16th. I can't get someone to pickup the phone and call Rogers to fix their mistake. They are all robots who send things through automated processes.

This is quite possibly the worst business experience I have had in my entire life.

They've already charged my card. They've already shipped the modem but am sitting here with no Internet and no idea when it will be hooked up.

Avoid this company like a plague.

LeTimmy

join:2013-04-16
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to LeTimmy

Re: Not a good start from Acanac but possible end in sight

I finally received a voicemail from a Jolene from Acanac. Unfortunately, I was on another call but she did relay that she was sorry about the mixup and was able to confirm a hookup date of this Thursday. While this means another couple days without internet and making it very difficult to work it does bring me some solace knowing that perhaps an end is in site.

They also credited me a generous amount towards my bill for the trouble. I respect them for calling me as I had instructed and for offering the generous credit. This will go a long way in repairing our relationship.

I will let you know on Thursday if the hookup indeed occurs and if so I will update this to reflect while off to a shaky start, they did go out of their monetarily to make me a happy customer and that is appreciated.

Tim

LeTimmy1

@distributel.net
reply to LeTimmy

Re: Not a good start from Acanac.

Happy now. Rogers came on Thursday as promised.

Company gave me a credit so I applaud them for taking responsibility.

Speeds are great and as promised.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

Re: Happy now.

Good stuff