birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to BruceHodson

Premium Member

to BruceHodson

Re: [Credit Card Fraud] I May Lose My Job Over This!

said by BruceHodson:

I do not believe anyone in my family would have done this, but there are a couple of former employees that could have. Our wireless signal is encrypted, but how easy are those to unlock?

I wasn't really thinking family, I was thinking current/former co-workers you may hang out with, or used to. If someone set you up, its going to be harder to prove it wasn't you that did it. I hope you can get that part done in your favor. I've been setup at a job before, and I gave up on the fight, too stressful to go thru.

JA, if he was responsible for the card, then according to his employer, it is on him. (for the love of God, why havent you registered yet?)

JALevinworth
@embarqhsd.net

JALevinworth

Anon

said by pcdebb:

JA, if he was responsible for the card, then according to his employer, it is on him.

Yes, but how just yet? If it has not been reported as fraud yet, and the bank has not done their investigation, how is OP being implicated at this point?

The card belongs to the employer, even though it's in OP's name to authorize charges and making OP responsible for charges, it's still the employers card and bank account. The bank needs to do their full fraud investigation first. If the bank determines it's fraud and then it's not on OP. If the bank determines it was not fraud and claim it's OP who made the charges, then the bank would have prove that.

If none of this has been done, then I don't know how or why OP is being implicated. OP may be jumping the gun just because he knows this was purchased and shipped to a known address in his name (how is another question, I digress)... but if the bank has not even done a fraud investigation yet then there is nothing for OP to be fighting against at this point.

See where I going with this yet, Debb?
said by pcdebb:

(for the love of God, why havent you registered yet?)

Am - It's a technical issue with my remote to work combined with my software for the visually impaired that makes it a huge pain to login - when I can get it work. That's the short of it. It's this or I'd never post.