uniqs
share rss forum feed

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

I will take advantage of this, if..

If Verizon has a lower rate for people out of contract, I would happily take this route. My guess is they are keeping the term short (i.e., 1 year) so that they do not have to reduce the rate too much. I winder if there will actually be three tiers:

-In contract and subsidized phone
-In contract and own phone
-Out of contract and own phone

This pricing could get chaotic - not that it is simple today.

hey hey hey

@charter.com

said by OwlSaver:

If Verizon has a lower rate for people out of contract, I would happily take this route. My guess is they are keeping the term short (i.e., 1 year) so that they do not have to reduce the rate too much. I winder if there will actually be three tiers:

-In contract and subsidized phone
-In contract and own phone
-Out of contract and own phone

This pricing could get chaotic - not that it is simple today.

Any price reductions would probably only be with Share Everything plans.

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

said by hey hey hey :

Any price reductions would probably only be with Share Everything plans.

Yep, I see the data bucket charges staying the same; however, they would probably ease up on the access charges. Currently, you are paying $40 a month per smartphone, times 24 months that's $960. Plus the subsidized price on top of that. Using iPhone as an example, they are subsidizing $450 (the price difference between any given unit and the exact same unit unlocked). Take that amount away from $960 then divide by 24, you end up with $21.25. So I see them lowering the access charge to something between $20-25 a month for those who would pay for the phone upfront.
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill.
If the opposite of pro is con, then the opposite of progress is Congress.