gig_gy
join:2002-01-07
Bay Saint Louis, MS

gig_gy

AT&T UVERSE INTERNET

dsl12.rtf.zip
101,295 bytes
ScreenShot
OK, I signed up for uverse last month. I selected max plus. When I checked the router I found two DSL circuits DSL 1 and DSL 2 which lead me to believe that AT&T combined two DSL circuits to get to the 12 - 18 meg benchmark. I have been consistantly getting 6 to 6.5 meg speedtest everywhere I go except for the sites that AT&T told me to go, where I got 12 meg. I think there is something fishy going on... Any other suggestions I can look for?

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER

Premium Member

Click for full size
DSL Stats
It could possibly be pair bonding.. What modem do you have from At&t anyways?

I attached the line stats-
gig_gy
join:2002-01-07
Bay Saint Louis, MS

gig_gy

2Wire 138HG - Sorry took so long to reply - worked 12 hours today.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to gig_gy

MVM,

to gig_gy
AT&T is not yet officially doing pair bonding. Though, it is expected to show up very soon. I have only heard about pair bonding with Uverse service and not with any of the legacy products. They can achieve over 50Mbps on a single copper pair using VDSL. My router is currently synched at over 51Mbps using only a single pair. When they start pair bonding and applying new gateway profiles, customers will initially be able to get speeds up to 75Mbps. They are talking about adding a 100Mbps tier, as well, in the future. Of course, as always, service performance is all dependent on the customer's proximity to the VRAD.

my thoughts to gig_gy

Anon

to gig_gy
The i38hg is the indoor unit for the uverse inid bonded pair. Your profile would be 25M allowing for Max internet speed of 18M. You did not mention if you also have HDTV service which could affect your speed.
When running speed tests be hardwired into the yellow port of the i38 on a Ethernet cable, no recording or watching HD shows, prefer speedtest.net run several tests and average for best.
If your tests show 15 or above you are good, wireless is not guaranteed due to many factors beyond control, a quick search should bring up many posts here is one to start with »forums.att.com/t5/Reside ··· /3261745. Hope this sheds some light.