4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to onDvine

Re: [F@H] MBAM problem hosed F@H

Gmail will search all of your mail. At the end of the search bar, but before the magnifying glass, there should be a drop down arrow. Click it and see if that brings up an expanded search panel. If it does, key in passkey in the subject line and hit the magnifying glass at the bottom of the panel.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to onDvine
said by onDvine:

Does everyone have a passkey or only those who expect to earn more points than I expected to earn when I started?

Only those who requested one. There are reasons other than earning more points, though, and they have to do with security; i.e., perhaps preventing somebody with a grudge from getting your points wiped out by abusing your account. If you always use your passkey and never tell anyone what it is, then that won't happen. Not that it is likely anyone will want to mess with you.

I am a different story. There were some folks here one time, but never mind.

When I requested mine, I put it in a text file along with the email address I used to request it. Every time I install FAH, I put a copy of that text file in the main folder.

Just try requesting with one email address at a time until you get the right one? Then do something similar to what I did so you don't lose it again?
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
I got the passkey by sending them the Gmail address I felt was most likely. Now, I'm back to the issue of F@H giving me the opportunity to enter it. I will save the .txt file with info you suggested in several places once it's off my desktop because it's been used to get the client running again. If it would just give me the opportunity to enter it!

howieh
4 more weeks
Premium,MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
It seems that if you use a different email, it will simply generate a new passkey and send it to the new address. Not necessarily a bad thing if you only have one machine.
--
Hey Buddy, can you spare a cycle? Join Team Helix

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to onDvine
In the version (7.3.6) I happen to have installed on the Mac I'm using right now, there is a configure button. I click on that and there is a place for user name, team # and passkey.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
Thank you! That's the version I'm trying to install. Will look for a configure button. If I find it and succeed, I'll post back; if I don't, I'll uninstall again and give up until after tomorrow.

The problem I've been having is that it starts to download (fast scrolling) whichever type of install I choose. Hopefully the configure button is before that step.

Edit: I'm not sure I had a passkey before.

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
Click for full size
I found it! It was after that step I referred to above. And at least one core is running visibly. The other says it is but numbers haven't started showing up yet.

Gotta reboot to restart some other applications and hopefully it will continue from there. I scooted the "Folding Power" from Medium to Full. Please let me know if that's a problem?

Thank you ALL so much!

Edit: both running now, though haven't rebooted yet.