dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil

Re: [Sci-Fi] Defiance: the blending of TV and Gaming (Part 2)

I know exactly what you mean, but I liken it to the first time I saw BSG's graphics. After a few episodes I didn't notice anything odd.

Storyline was good and I think they've done things right so far:
-2 weeks of hype for the show by way of the game
-PLENTY of PR on many channels
-2 hour series premiere

The game has made me that much more interested in the show, and during the premiere it made me REALLY want to play the game.

haha yea I had to look her up as well. I thought the fight was pretty cool... lol off switch

Also: the sister who runs the Need-Want is the freaky girl from Not Another Teen Movie many moons ago

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

She was also on The L-word. Mia Kirshner is her name. Oddly enough, she isn't listed in the credits at IMDB on the Defiance page. Strange.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

She also had a recurring role as an assassin in 24.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
It was decent. I need a few more episodes to know for sure if I will be hooked or not. A lot of new stuff to absorb. As for graphics, hell I have seen a lot worse---heck if I can deal with the original star trek FX and Space:1999 FX, I have no problem with Defiance's FX.

The overall atmosphere kept reminding me of a mix between Firefly and Revolution but with aliens thrown in.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

said by Voxxjin:

The overall atmosphere kept reminding me of a mix between Firefly and Revolution but with aliens thrown in.

Which is awesome imo

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Also the doctor kept reminding me of the shapeshifter guy in Deep Space 9, Odo. Although I did like the doc's humor calling the guy a deadbeat esp since my first reaction to the doc was a no non-sense person (kinda like a vulcan).

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
Jaime Murray who plays H. G. Wells in Warehouse 13, as well as the Crime boss's wife in Defiance, was also in the Showtime series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. She really has nice acting abilities