uniqs

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

[BC] Self guild leveling

I'm pretty sure I'll be working on my Horde set in the near future. With the changes to guild leveling does anyone know how much you can level the guild with 11 toons?

I know I got to level three with just one toon going from level 85 to 90. I have nine toons left to go from level 85 to 90 and my panda who has to go from level 12 to 90. Any idea how many levels I could advance my bank guild with just my toons?
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

I'm pretty sure I'll be working on my Horde set in the near future. With the changes to guild leveling does anyone know how much you can level the guild with 11 toons?

I know I got to level three with just one toon going from level 85 to 90. I have nine toons left to go from level 85 to 90 and my panda who has to go from level 12 to 90. Any idea how many levels I could advance my bank guild with just my toons?

Unless Blizzard changed the guild xp per quest, the fastest way to level a guild imo is to create goblins and run them through the first island of the starting zone. Each goblin will earn about 4% of a guild level per run.

Once you have finished the first island, delete and repeat. 20 runs through is a level. It gets tedious, but it is a fast way to level a guild. You'll wind up with very few if any high level characters, but a 25 guild.

You'll need 1 character slot available to do this.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

pandora, tell us more about your guild.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by JB9:

pandora, tell us more about your guild.

We've been here. To level a guild, imo, re-running Goblins through the first start island is easiest.

As my guilds, one is Alliance the other Horde. My emphasis has been on the Horde side at the moment. Yesterday I got fishing to 600 on my hunter, and am about to finish an enchanter / tailor. Next up will be a skinner / leather worker. I intend on my horde guild to have one toon at max level for every profession, as I already have on the Alliance guild.

I've been enjoying leveling my horde toons and professions.

My strong belief for casual players is to create a level 25 guild and enjoy the game however you wish to play. I encourage Kilroy to level his guild to 25.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
Let him be. This is an area where he knows his stuff.

@OP: I don't see you getting more than a few guild levels out of the remaining 85-90... save the monk for last otherwise you won't get any decent feedback from leveling the other 9 (my opinion). The higher your guild level, the bigger the gxp bucket (and the smaller each drop will seem). Depending on your level of attachment to that lvl12 monk, I'd see about deleting and restarting to see how much gxp you get following Pandora's advice before grinding out to 90.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Kilroy

to Kilroy
I would say grind the guild to the highest perk that you want (looking at the list, maybe 14 if I was doing this myself for the "Increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 10%."), then play what you want normally.

That way you get the useful guild perks without hating yourself by grinding to 25 right away.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

That's a great point. bountiful bags is a very nice perk, though... and once you're up to 23... well... might as well finish it off. But I'm a huge fan of bountiful bags... best of all the perks IMO.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Kilroy

to Kilroy
Agreed that Pandora is probably the most knowledgeable in this area.

And now to ninja your thread with my own selfish questions that the thread subject reminded me of, does anyone have any insight on the fastest current method to get from 85 to 90? Dungeons, questing, pet battles? I assume it is questing (though maybe dungeons for the 85-86) but interested in your feedback. And is the DMF still going and can you get an xp buff there still? Oh and is the 3x xp buff potion something that is craftable or just a rare drop.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

1 recommendation

Jobbie

Premium Member

From the 8 max level toons, the best way to level is questing, do each dungeon at least one for the quests and keep doing quests:

- All Jade Forest
- All Valley of the Four Winds
- Kunlai Summit until you get bread crumb to Townlong Steppes (Quest: The Shado-pan)
- All Townlong Steppes (should be 89 at the end)
- All Dread Wastes for rep

You should end up with ilevel 450+ easily just from quest rewards.

Hordeforlife
join:2009-05-13
Harrisonville, MO

Hordeforlife to Kilroy

to Kilroy
This is interesting, but I have a question for Pandora.

When you say running through the goblin starting area for 4% of a guild level, surely you mean at level 1 only with diminishing returns as the guild levels?

In other words, if it takes 20-25 "goblin runs" to go from Guild level 1 to 2, how many runs would it take to level a guild from 24-25?

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

...does anyone have any insight on the fastest current method to get from 85 to 90? Dungeons, questing, pet battles...

Archaeology is also a decent way to speed your leveling; anytime you're questing and you see a digsite on the map, head on over and start treasure hunting. The gathering professions (mining, herbalism, etc) also provide pretty decent XP gains... I know that my main (mining/blacksmith) probably gained at least half a level during the 85-90 grind just from farming any ghost iron/trillium I ran across. Note - I'm not saying that you can grind to L90 JUST by doing these things... but it does help quite a bit.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora to Hordeforlife

Premium Member

to Hordeforlife
said by Hordeforlife:

When you say running through the goblin starting area for 4% of a guild level, surely you mean at level 1 only with diminishing returns as the guild levels?

After level 5, a goblin will earn about 5% of a guild level per run, until about guild level 8-9. Then 4% until level 17-18, after that about 3% until 25. More or less. I didn't count the number of quests, but each quest (and there are a lot) gets a lot of guild XP. Also goblins get a vehicle on the first start area which is already compact. The vehicle helps make the quests much faster (it's also an instant cast).

I averaged about 4% through 25 levels. My best guess is to contemplate 25 runs times 25 guild levels is about a level 25 guild. The average across all the guild levels is near 4% per level. If you figure 625-700 runs through the first goblin starting island, a level 1-5 (or 6) goblin can level a guild to 25.

Note, you may wind up with no high level character, and a 25 level guild, which seemed weird to me at first. Eventually Blizzard will fix this. Once you have run the goblin area a few dozen times, it becomes a grind, a long, boring grind. My son had an auto quest turn in feature enabled, which helped him run the island quickly.

It took me on average 30 minutes per run, my son's best time was 12 minutes, but he averaged about 15. If you could match my sons average time, it would take about 175 hours to level a guild to 25 solo. Assuming 700 runs (which may be slightly more than necessary).

I found a hunter fastest. Just keep recreating the same hunter over and over. You'll need a method to invite if you have only 1 account. Invitations weren't a problem for us, we had 5 accounts.

It was surprisingly easy to level a guild with low level goblins. It was unexpected.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
I'm skinning and LW with no archealogy on the toon so the profs won't help me. Good call though.

@OP: Wait a minute... it just hit me that you are asking how to level a BANK guild to 25. Why would you even want to do this? Just for the 7th slot?
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

I'm skinning and LW with no archealogy on the toon so the profs won't help me. Good call though.

@OP: Wait a minute... it just hit me that you are asking how to level a BANK guild to 25. Why would you even want to do this? Just for the 7th slot?

I think you need more than level 25 for the seventh slot. However, a solo guild is useful for a casual player imo. It takes time.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to pandora

MVM

to pandora
I'm not looking to power level the guild, with 12 level 90s already doing the same quests for 175 hours would end up with /wrist. Was wondering how high eleven toons could get the guild by themselves. Since I got my Alliance guild to level three with just my Death Knight I'm thinking I might be able to max out if I put all of my toons in the bank guild before I start the trek. I may do it anyway, since I can always join another guild with them once they get to 90.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

From 85-90 on 12 toons, your guild should reach level 10-12 if you mostly quest to 90 with them.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Kilroy

to Kilroy
Use the addon "super guild invite". randomly invite every jackass from level 10-80 (except level 55-75 DKs as they are dumb and believe that their OP means that they are 0083R L337. Then once you hit 25 g-kick everyone. I am not saying I have done this but I have seen it done. I was once one of the level 10-80 jackasses in search of a guild when we hit guild level 25.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Kilroy

to Kilroy
but how does one get a guild to self level?

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Kilroy

to Kilroy
I'm still confused to why anyone would want to level a bank guild anyhow. Bank guilds are for selling and banking and generally have one member who is less than level 10.

You don't need to level a guild unless you are looking to level a toon. And if that is the case, either level in your own guild and accept it will be at a slower pace, or join someone else's level 25 guild for the perks until you are maxed level and then leave it to back to your own (if so desired).

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Kilroy

to Kilroy
Your mom leveled my guild.
28727686 (banned)
join:2013-04-08

28727686 (banned) to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

I'm still confused to why anyone would want to level a bank guild anyhow. Bank guilds are for selling and banking and generally have one member who is less than level 10.

You don't need to level a guild unless you are looking to level a toon. And if that is the case, either level in your own guild and accept it will be at a slower pace, or join someone else's level 25 guild for the perks until you are maxed level and then leave it to back to your own (if so desired).

You need to level the guild to get mat bonus, guild tabs, mounts, pets, etc. and it doesn't matter what level your toon is for that just guild level. Most people like to get a guild leveled up for bank tabs for storage.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Venom14

MVM

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

but how does one get a guild to self level?

Get a guild charter, go to the start area of your choice and pay 5 to 50G per signature, turn in your signed charter. The problem is getting the rest of your toons in, you need a second account. A toon from the second account needs to be added to the guild so that they can invite the rest of your toons. I'm thinking of having my son assist me in this.

Alternate method would be to purchase a guild from someone.
Kilroy

Kilroy to Carpie

MVM

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Well, until MoP came out my lowest level, out of 20 toons was 85 with two full servers. With MoP I got two more toon slots, one per server. Still I have one level 12, a new panada monk, the next lowest is still 85.

Obviously there normally isn't a reason to level a bank guild, the thing is I don't really raid so since I'm leveling 11 toons why not get some personal benefit from my efforts. I can always peel them off to another guild once they are 90.

Since I've maxed out every class twice the only real thing I have left is leveling a guild.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

Since I've maxed out every class twice the only real thing I have left is leveling a guild.

I will never understand you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

said by Kilroy:

and yet the game is versatile enough to keep both of you engaged... WoW is awesome.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

Kilroy

MVM

said by Immer:

said by Snuffbox:

said by Kilroy:

and yet the game is versatile enough to keep both of you engaged... WoW is awesome.

I do think that is the best thing about WoW, there is something from everyone. I haven't gotten into the pet battle heavily yet either. I can see that they can be pretty fun.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
said by pandora:

said by Carpie:

I think you need more than level 25 for the seventh slot. However, a solo guild is useful for a casual player imo. It takes time.

Believe it or not, you only need level 5 for the 7th bank tab: »www.wowhead.com/item=622 ··· 7th-slot. It's the 8th slot that has some deep requirements: »www.wowhead.com/achievement=5158.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Well, we're going to find out. I took advantage of refer a friend and the WoW battle chest for 10 and created a second account. Now all of my Horde toons are in the same, self only, guild. Working on my DK today, at least until I get to 86. About 3/4 of the way to 86 guild is at level 1.5.