spc
uniqs

Hordeforlife
join:2009-05-13
Harrisonville, MO

Hordeforlife to Kilroy

to Kilroy

Re: [BC] Self guild leveling

This is interesting, but I have a question for Pandora.

When you say running through the goblin starting area for 4% of a guild level, surely you mean at level 1 only with diminishing returns as the guild levels?

In other words, if it takes 20-25 "goblin runs" to go from Guild level 1 to 2, how many runs would it take to level a guild from 24-25?
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by Hordeforlife:

When you say running through the goblin starting area for 4% of a guild level, surely you mean at level 1 only with diminishing returns as the guild levels?

After level 5, a goblin will earn about 5% of a guild level per run, until about guild level 8-9. Then 4% until level 17-18, after that about 3% until 25. More or less. I didn't count the number of quests, but each quest (and there are a lot) gets a lot of guild XP. Also goblins get a vehicle on the first start area which is already compact. The vehicle helps make the quests much faster (it's also an instant cast).

I averaged about 4% through 25 levels. My best guess is to contemplate 25 runs times 25 guild levels is about a level 25 guild. The average across all the guild levels is near 4% per level. If you figure 625-700 runs through the first goblin starting island, a level 1-5 (or 6) goblin can level a guild to 25.

Note, you may wind up with no high level character, and a 25 level guild, which seemed weird to me at first. Eventually Blizzard will fix this. Once you have run the goblin area a few dozen times, it becomes a grind, a long, boring grind. My son had an auto quest turn in feature enabled, which helped him run the island quickly.

It took me on average 30 minutes per run, my son's best time was 12 minutes, but he averaged about 15. If you could match my sons average time, it would take about 175 hours to level a guild to 25 solo. Assuming 700 runs (which may be slightly more than necessary).

I found a hunter fastest. Just keep recreating the same hunter over and over. You'll need a method to invite if you have only 1 account. Invitations weren't a problem for us, we had 5 accounts.

It was surprisingly easy to level a guild with low level goblins. It was unexpected.