Search similar:

uniqs
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

New channel requests

Just wondering...

How many of you use the new channel request form?

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

I didn't even know there were new channels to request!

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4 to grantsa4

to grantsa4
I used it a few weeks back actually to request a couple sports networks I'd like to see.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

I did the same thing today
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to grantsa4

to grantsa4
I request HD versions of channels I watch or my kid watches.. like Nickjr. But now he's getting into Sprout which has a HD channel so I might back off.

I use it every so often to request WatchESPN though.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to Jim Kirk

to Jim Kirk
said by Jim Kirk:

I didn't even know there were new channels to request!

I can think of 30 at the top of my head that could be added. But then WOW would have to raise prices even higher to add all of those.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Wow, that many?
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to grantsa4

to grantsa4
I've used it a few times over the years, mostly for the same channel. haha
Jonathan2
join:2011-12-21

Jonathan2 to grantsa4

to grantsa4
I'd love to be able to remove channels, or pay for specific channels. I really hope the industry moves in this direction. It needs to. My whole family might use maybe 20-30 channels on a busy TV week. And it'd be great if we could ditch the non-HD channels. They're a waste of space.
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

1 edit

clocks11

said by Jonathan2:

I'd love to be able to remove channels, or pay for specific channels. I really hope the industry moves in this direction. It needs to. My whole family might use maybe 20-30 channels on a busy TV week. And it'd be great if we could ditch the non-HD channels. They're a waste of space.

20-30? I only watch about 3-5. If you throw out nbc, cbs, etc. (the ones I can get OTA for free), there are probably only 2-3 cable channels I watch.
Jonathan2
join:2011-12-21

Jonathan2

Well I guess if you limited it to channels we use for more than a half hour at a time we'd be well below 10. But sometimes we like to be able to flip through the movie channels, and there's a lot of those.
uteck
join:2009-12-30
Elgin, IL

uteck to grantsa4

to grantsa4
They need a drop channel request form to track what channels people would like to dump. I could cut my channel lineup in half easily.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by uteck:

They need a drop channel request form to track what channels people would like to dump. I could cut my channel lineup in half easily.

They would never do that. Because then if channels were dropped, people would expect their bill to drop as well and WOW doesn't want that to ever happen.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to grantsa4

to grantsa4
What's with all the posts on WOW's Facebook page for adding TheBlaze? Those peoples' zealousness seems almost cult like.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

They're fans of Glenn Beck. So cultlike would be appropriate.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to clocks11

to clocks11
said by clocks11:

said by Jonathan2:

20-30? I only watch about 3-5. If you throw out nbc, cbs, etc. (the ones I can get OTA for free), there are probably only 2-3 cable channels I watch.

Then cutting the cord and buying those few shows off of Amazon/iTunes might be the way for you to go.
Section147
join:2010-12-06
Westlake, OH

Section147 to Os

to Os
said by Os:

Hmmmm...lemme guess...MS-LSD watcher?
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to Os

to Os
said by Os:

Something like 7 of the last 9 FB posts are asking for TheBlaze. Is Beck having a contest to see who can be the most annoying? If so this latest FB post would win.

"WOW, are you listening? I want The Blaze, the only news outlet willing to tell the real news. I'm sick of listening to mainstream blather, disinformation and propaganda. I want The Blaze Now."

Ummm, is anyone forcing you to listen to anything?
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to AlexE4

to AlexE4
wow needs CSN Chicago plus HD
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1 to clocks11

to clocks11
I watch about 7 channels outside of the networks. That's it. I'd love to be able to cut down my package and pay for just the channels I actually want.

Patton
@wideopenwest.com

Patton to grantsa4

Anon

to grantsa4
Requested Military Channel in HD. No change (still in standard def) and never any response. Might as well be talking to the wall.

boombakla
@wideopenwest.com

boombakla

Anon

It's a channel request. It doesnt mean that there going to contact you and talk about it. They get enough people wanting a channel and they look into it, thats it. So if you feel your talking to a wall then dont request channels but dont bitch either.

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

1 recommendation

mix to grantsa4

to grantsa4
Hello, I would like to request that WOW add ESPN8 The Ocho immediately to my channel lineup.