The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

2 edits

NetFixer

Premium Member

Migrate old AT&T SE (BellSouth) Group Line Monitor

Who do I need to contact to migrate my old AT&T SE (BellSouth) Group Line Monitor to the U-verse Line Monitor Group?

I had to stop monitoring that line for a while after it was converted to an IPDSL U-verse circuit because the NVG-510 did not seem to easily allow enabling ICMP echo on its WAN port (and it does not support an internal DynDNS client like the 3347). I just now got around to getting that line monitor working again, but it would be more appropriate for that line monitor to be associated with U-verse than its current BellSouth association.

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6

Actually, it is possible to enable dynamic dns support.

After enabling telnet using this link it is possible to enable dynamic dns support. You'll need to save the page to your hard drive and edit if the NVG510's IP address if the the IP is not the default 192.168.1.254.

After telnetting to the device, you just type the following:

config
ip dynamic-dns
enable on
help

And then read how to set it up.

And if you need to RMA it, you would just open the complete control page again and just select to disable telnet or reset the device to factory defaults.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by wizkid6:

Actually, it is possible to enable dynamic dns support.

And if you need to RMA it, you would just open the complete control page again and just select to disable telnet or reset the device to factory defaults.

Yes, I am aware of that backdoor telnet enable process, but in this case I am not the one paying for the U-verse service (I just maintain the network behind it), so I did not do it. I am currently running a NAT aware DynDNS client on another device behind the NVG510, and that works too.