site
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

claudia

@salzburg-online.at

Beware of thieves! miniinthebox.com is stealing your money!

I paid €450 - received wrong items, they don't reply and don't care!!!
I paid 372,52€ to miniinthebox.com for 8 LED ceiling bulbs (beginning of February). They sent me 7 bulbs - 4 of which are the wrong ones. I repeat: not what I paid for, not what I ordered! Yet I had to pay another €87 for customs. But the worst part is yet to come: they don't reply nor care about what I am emailing them: at first they told me I had to send them photos, details, etc. of the products - a question which I followed of course. Nothing after that - I have sent them an incredible number of 11 (!!!!) emails within the last 8 weeks - no reply. (mid April!)

However, when I told them 2 days ago that I was going to complain on as many review pages as I found, they answered they I should be patient in waiting. Nothing else. I feel truly deceived and disappointed. Keep your fingers from miniinthebox.com. They steal your money - if you have a problem, they don't bother to help. Now I am here with the wrong light bulbs and paid more than €450 (!!!) for them. What a shame and a waste of money! I wish I had read reviews like that before!

And to Miniinthebox.com: only when I either get my money back or get the correct products shipped to me I will take down this comment.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
said by claudia :

And to Miniinthebox.com: only when I either get my money back or get the correct products shipped to me I will take down this comment.

Anonymous posters cannot edit posts.
Hopefully you will have reason to post an updated post saying that it all got worked out with the vendor.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

3 recommendations

reply to claudia
Do we REALLY need another miniinthebox thread?

People, first of all, online shopping is NOT something brand new and novel. Second, if one can find places to buy things online, then one is equally able to find places to check the reputation of online merchants. If one simply hands over their money without doing some checking around, then it's every bit as much the purchaser's fault as the merchant.

No matter where someone is located, the media is full of admonitions to check out unknown merchants, and tales of woe about those who did not heed the warnings. Searching "miniinthebox complaints" brings up many, many hits. Take the time to go through various review sites and make the decision to purchase based on what others have said. And, it is always wise to make a small purchase that it won't matter all that much if things go wrong.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to claudia
I concur with DC DSL See Profile that you should check out the reputation of online retailers before you buy.

I also think you chose the right course of action to get their attention. Miniinthebox and lightinthebox seem to bear out the expression, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Their customer service is horribly wanting. This necessitates shaming them publicly to make you [and others] whole.

It might be a good idea to consolidate complaints about ...inthebox to a single thread and keep it alive to minimize the number of mis-served customers.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

of course we do. a *inthebox thread was overdue
--
| map your city |

Snowy
Premium
Kailua, HI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

That was my first thought.

said by DC DSL:

No matter where someone is located, the media is full of admonitions to check out unknown merchants, and tales of woe about those who did not heed the warnings. Searching "miniinthebox complaints" brings up many, many hits.

That's the problem though.
If not for current complaints being posted online all those many, many hits are going to age.
Without newer complaints it could appear as if they cleaned up their act.

said by DC DSL:

And, it is always wise to make a small purchase that it won't matter all that much if things go wrong.

That's great advice.
I'll give that a try next time I'm on the fence about an online merchant that I'd like to do business with.
Expand your moderator at work

Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
reply to claudia

Re: Beware of thieves! miniinthebox.com is stealing your money!

Based on reviews here »www.resellerratings.com/store/Miniinthebox it is trusted seller. Are you sure you know what you are ordering?

Snowy
Premium
Kailua, HI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
said by 47717768:

Based on reviews here »www.resellerratings.com/store/Miniinthebox it is trusted seller. Are you sure you know what you are ordering?

Well heck, if it's on the internet it must be true!!

Shouldn't the character of the company calling it a "trusted seller" be considered??

More Resellerratings.com complaints
Resellerratings.com - They suddenly raised my price WITHOUT advising us
Resellerratings.com - Rip Off Warning
Resellerratings.com - Bad Business/Blackmail
Resellerratings.com - Allowing Fake Reviews for Money
Resellerratings.com - Greedy business practices
Resellerratings.com - On the merchant side this site is absolutely a nightmare
»www.complaintsboard.com/complain···540.html

Toss in owners that pay a premium to remain anonymous

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (»www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: RESELLERRATINGS.COM Created on: 17-Jun-98 Expires on: 16-Jun-21 Last Updated on: 31-Oct-12 Registrant: Domains By Proxy, LLC DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States Administrative Contact: Private, Registration RESELLERRATINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com Domains By Proxy, LLC DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598 Technical Contact: Private, Registration RESELLERRATINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com Domains By Proxy, LLC DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598.com

47717768 See Profile educate thyself
»www.google.com/search?q=reseller···irefox-a

Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
You got a point. Do you know any good sites for the seller reviews?

Snowy
Premium
Kailua, HI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
said by 47717768:

You got a point. Do you know any good sites for the seller reviews?

First you need to understand that it's the ripped off or dissatisfied customer that's going to make the effort to publicly complain as opposed to the satisfied customer making that same effort to praise a company online.

Having said that, you just need to search the net for a consensus on service issues or lack thereof.
Although this isn't a perfect solution it doesn't place all your trust in one basket.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

reply to claudia
A general comment (opinion) on mini-in-the-box

This is just a personal opinion based on what I have seen in this and other threads. I have not personally bought anything from them.

As best I can tell, they are not a scam, and they are not a rip-off. They seem to be a small business. Like any small business, they don't always please all of their customers. And you will see more complaints than praise because, as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

When I want to purchase something online from a store that I have not previously dealt with, I accept that there is a risk involved. The more expensive the item, the greater the risk. If I am bothered by the risk, then I will probably only buy from a well established store with a known reputation. If I am willing to take the risk -- to consider my purchase to involve a little bit of gambling -- then I will go ahead and purchase.

If I receive spam mail, I won't use that to decide to make a purchase. I am suspicious of any ad received by mail, particularly if from a company that I have never dealt with. If I receive a personal recommendation from a friend, and it is for an item that I want, then I might make a purchase. But I would still be looking at the risk issues that I have mentioned above.

We have had other threads about clear scams and rip-offs. This does not seem to be such a thread. This thread is mostly about disgruntled customers, and every business has some of those.
--
AT&T Uverse; Buffalo WHR-300HP router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3; firefox 21.0