Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to telco_mtl

Premium Member

to telco_mtl

Re: Futureshop/Bestbuy abruptly shut down a dozen stores

said by telco_mtl:

interesting note, in the early 90s i used to always get the american and canadian catalogs, i was always amazed at how products with the same cat no. could be labeled with different brands. A re-branded pioneer 6 disk player in the states was labeled "optimus" and in canada was "genexxa" same box, same cat. no.

They were moving way from the Tandy owned brands, if it had taken off, Radio Shack would have become genexxa here in Canada, they had 2 stores, one in the Eaton centre, and one in Square one.

Never went anywhere.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by elwoodblues:

said by telco_mtl:

interesting note, in the early 90s i used to always get the american and canadian catalogs, i was always amazed at how products with the same cat no. could be labeled with different brands. A re-branded pioneer 6 disk player in the states was labeled "optimus" and in canada was "genexxa" same box, same cat. no.

They were moving way from the Tandy owned brands, if it had taken off, Radio Shack would have become genexxa here in Canada, they had 2 stores, one in the Eaton centre, and one in Square one.

Never went anywhere.

there were some good deals to be had if you knew who made the products, The RCA branded stuff at RS in the states is all pioneer these days

i miss realistic, archer and tandy lol i even have a TRS-80 coco still in its box

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

2 edits

corster to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by telco_mtl:

Back around 2005 they had a concept store at Vaughan Mills and Eaton Centre called "THS Studio" focused on Televisions, MP3 Players, and Mobile Phones. It would not have surprised me if they were testing it for when their RadioShack trademark license expired in 2010 (became a moot point when they lost it in 2005 and rebranded as The Source).

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by telco_mtl:

Never went anywhere.

4, Georgian Mall and Fairview in Kitchener as well. That was a Keto thing. It got him ousted as President by the board of directors.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to telco_mtl

Premium Member

to telco_mtl
said by telco_mtl:

said by elwoodblues:

said by telco_mtl:

Never went anywhere.

there were some good deals to be had if you knew who made the products, The RCA branded stuff at RS in the states is all pioneer these days

i miss realistic, archer and tandy lol i even have a TRS-80 coco still in its box

Holy shit, that brings back memories.